Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here

drive partition

JTims1
Novice

does the extra partition matter where it is at? windows didnt create one, so i just shrunk the volume and it dont look like all the other photos/manual.  does it matter?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, @JTims1.

Thank you for the screenshots and the confirmation of the driver version.

The motherboard mentions having two M.2 ports, have you tried connecting the Optane Memory in the other port or have you already tried both? 

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/Socket2066/WS_X299_SAGE_10G/Manual/E16046_WS_X299_SAGE_10G_UM_V4_WEB.pdf

Some motherboards support Optane acceleration only in one of the ports, check if the option is no longer grayed out if you use the other port.

Regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
22 Replies
JTims1
Novice

Well it Finally worked, No documentation from asus and intel, Also I can Accelerate any drive plugged into the Sata, when you guys said i could not. Somebody needs to update there info and procedures, yes it does work with x299.  Send me a Vroc Standard Key for my Journey and more testing. would be a nice Gesture thanks. I also help many people with there issues with optane and thunderbolt and other intel products. across many forums. 

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, @JTims1.

I'm glad to hear that it is working now, and also that it is even working for your secondary drive; it is still something not officially supported by the X299 platform or validated by us, so we can't actually make changes for that, but I'm still glad that it worked for you.

Regarding what you mentioned, I do not actually have the ability to do that, but I hope you continue supporting other users from other forums or platforms.

I will proceed to close the thread right now, please feel free to open new thread if necessary since this one will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos