Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

intel rapid storage technology error 0xa005004b

VMoga
Beginner

Hii. I resolved the above problem from the intel website about the error types and solutions in intel optane memory. It showed me to make atleast 5mb of unallocated space. I did it and the intel rapid storage is working along with the optane memory. My question is after that the unallocated memory of some space is available after each drive. Can i use the unallocated space or leave it for intel optane memory.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. I'm not sure that I correctly understood what is your hardware configuration? I understand that you have only one 2TB HDD with Windows installed and and partitionned with only one (C:) partiton.
  2. If I understand correctly, you need leave only 5MB (or little more) unallocated space in the end of your C: partiton. There is no need to leave unallocated space before C: partition.
  3. See the attached image, how the HDD looks (in this example I leaved 15MB unallocated space).
  4. If I didn't understand correctly, please attach an image of your Didk Management.

Leon

diskManagementOptaneEnabled.jpeg

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

You should leave the 5MB unallocated space only on the drive that is being accelerated.

Leon

0 Kudos
VMoga
Beginner

I have a 2tb hard rive with only one partition and boot patition. So I left some space unallocated after the boot partition and 1.8 gb unallocated after my 2 tb c drive

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. I'm not sure that I correctly understood what is your hardware configuration? I understand that you have only one 2TB HDD with Windows installed and and partitionned with only one (C:) partiton.
  2. If I understand correctly, you need leave only 5MB (or little more) unallocated space in the end of your C: partiton. There is no need to leave unallocated space before C: partition.
  3. See the attached image, how the HDD looks (in this example I leaved 15MB unallocated space).
  4. If I didn't understand correctly, please attach an image of your Didk Management.

Leon

diskManagementOptaneEnabled.jpeg

0 Kudos
VMoga
Beginner

Yes. That my configuration. In future if I partition my c drive into C and D drives then I need to allocate after C drive and d drive. Is it Right.

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

No it is not right. In the future if you add an other partition (or even two other partitions), you nee leave only one 5MB unalocated space, in the end of your drive (i.e. only after the last partition).

Leon

0 Kudos