Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

"Your system is not intel optane memory ready: No compatible disks for intel optane memory"

Ahmed3bdo
Beginner

I just made a new build with a 16 gb intel optane memory, but when I initiate the optane setup the above message shows up and won't let me activate it. The memory is pretty much installed correctly (it even appears on the BIOS settings) I have my OS and my Bios updated and my hard drive should be compatible, but I can't enable the system acceleration . This is my setup:

Intel Core I9 9980 ex

Motherboard Gigabyte x299 designare ex

Windows 10 64 bits

1 Tb Sata m.2 samsung 970 pro .

I've been with this issue all day and can't find any solution, please help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlHill
Super User

A new build, as in a new OS build?  If so, Windows 10, that advertising OS, moved your recovery partition to the end of the drive, where you previously had your optane partition.  You need to re-add (or add again) the optane partition.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

A new build, as in a new OS build?  If so, Windows 10, that advertising OS, moved your recovery partition to the end of the drive, where you previously had your optane partition.  You need to re-add (or add again) the optane partition.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

In other words, you need to ensure that the last 5 MB of space on the drive is free and available to Optane.

...S

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. If the 1 Tb m.2 samsung 970 pro  is your only one internal drive you can't and don't need to accelerate it, since the is a NVMe drive (rather than SATA). Only SATA drive can be accelerated.  I'm assuming that the other drives you have, are external drives which can't be accelerated neither.
  2. If the other drives (Samsung 960 EVO or the Apple)  are internal drives, you need to delete the old Optane enablement first.

Leon

0 Kudos