Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here

unsupported system drive

mseel
Beginner

hi

i have a i7 7700k , asrock z270 extreme4 latest bios , optane 32gb windows 10 x64

i got the intel optane memory software installed only for it to say that my system drive does not meet the requirements i am using a 2.5 5400rpm sata i cant find any info on why i am getting this error when i meet all the min specs

i have done a system support utility for you as well

0 Kudos
8 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Appletskunk,

We understand you would like to use the Intel® Optane™ Memory Technology in your system but you are just getting an unsupported system drive message.

This message may be related to the situation described in https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/memory-and-storage/intel-optane-memory/000024253.html this link

For us to have a better understanding of the situation, could you please provide the following:

• Screenshot of disk management
  • Attach the logs of the Intel® Optane™ Memory Software (The location is: C:\Users\yourusername\Intel\Logs)

We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards,

Nestor C
0 Kudos
mseel
Beginner
0 Kudos
CMora8
New Contributor I

I had a similar issue.

Try removing all other drives but the optane memory and your boot drive. Once you enabled optane then you can connect everything again. I think their software is dumber than advertised and gets confused by simple stuff like this...

Good luck!

CMorales85

0 Kudos
mseel
Beginner

i still get the same error the top drive is the intel optane memory drive CMorales85

0 Kudos
mseel
Beginner
0 Kudos
mseel
Beginner

bump

i need help getting this to work as i dont want to have to get a refund on this intel_admin

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Appletskunk,

We were verifying your motherboard's manual and we would like you to please check where is the SATA HDD boot drive connected.

As you can see in this picture (From the manual), it should be connected in the SATA3_0:

According to the manual, the SATA ports from the SATA3_0 to the SATA3_5 are the ones that you should use in order to properly work with Intel® Optane™ Memory Technology.

Please let us know if this works and share your findings.

Regards,

Nestor C
0 Kudos
ГНа
Beginner

I had the same problem like you. After reading FAQ, I found that Optane memory does not support RAID. So I disconnected second hard and get error msg 0xA0080001. Then again I go to BIOS and deleted RAID setting. Then it is working.

0 Kudos