Intel® Optane™ Persistent Memory
Examine Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Persistent Memory
62 Discussions

Hi I updated the BIOS S2600WF_EFI_BIOSR02010008... to get the ITL Optane DCPMM. But still do not see it it. Do I need to change the BIOS settings in order to see it? I can't see where. I need the option for testing. any idea? TY

JohnJean_V_Intel
Employee

I tried to updated either in revovery mode or normal mode. my system is a S26000WF (in Bios it says detect as WFT).

My original BIOS version is S2600WF_EFI_BIOSR0016_ME04.00.04.393.0_BMC1.90.0cf6e935_FRUSDR_1.90

0 Kudos
13 Replies
JoseH_Intel

Hello JVinc10,

Thank you for joining the community

According to the Technical Product Specifications document for the S2600WF server board DC Persistent Memory are supported in boards models ending with "R" and using a 2nd Gen Intel Xeon processor Scalable only.

Server boards and systems that have non-(R) product codes but have had the system software updated to support 2nd Gen Intel Xeon processor Scalable family, are not equivalent to server boards and systems with product codes ending in (R). Server Boards and Systems with non(R) product codes do NOT have support for memory type Intel Optane DC persistent memory module DIMMs

Regards

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello JVinc10,

Do you have any further details, updates, questions or comments in regards to this issue?

This thread will be marked as resolved automatically in the next 72 hours if no activity is received.

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
JohnJean_V_Intel
Employee

Hi Jose,

Sorry for the delay .

I was extremely busy.

Thank you for your answers.

I know you close the ticket. But I noticed also that I cannot update to the latest version of BIOS: BIOS S2600WF_EFI_BIOSR02010009?

Every time I tried it updated only the BMC and others firmware but for BIOS it says not found ( EUFI file).

It will be my last question if you do not mind to answer.

Thank you

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello JVinc10,

We will proceed to mark this thread as resolved. If you have further issues or questions just go ahead and create a new topic.

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello JVinc10,

Not a problem at all.

About the BIOS update are you saving all the extracted files to the root folder of your USB key?

Besides that there is a latest recently released BIOS update package. Could you try this one instead?

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
JohnJean_V_Intel
Employee

Hi Jose,

Double checking the wolfpass model I have : it's a R2308WFTZSR .Is it an "R" product? the code product seems to indicate so.

And the silicon we install is A SKY LAKE XEON 8180.

-2 I did extract the BIOS files at the root folder of the USB key like as I was able to update the BMC and such.

Should the BIOS and DCPMM be available and compatible?

Regards

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello JVinc10,

I am just following up to double check if you found the provided information useful. If you have further questions please don't hesitate to ask. If you consider the issue to be completed please let us know so we can proceed to mark this thread as resolved. This support interaction will be marked as resolved automatically in the next 72 hours if no activity is received.

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello JVinc10,

Did you installed the latest BIOS update available v2.01.0010?

If your board is a R version then it should be DCPMM compatible now. But it looks like you are using a Sky Lake Xeon processor which is a 1st gen scalable processor. You will need a 2nd gen Cascade Lake processor in order for the DCPMM to show up under BIOS.

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
JohnJean_V_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I did not install v2.01.0010 yet .

Sorry but I want to correct the silicon model. we installed a Cascade Lake 8280 not 8180.

Is there anther reason why DCPMM will not appear even with BIOS version BIOS S2600WF_EFI_BIOSR02010008? it says DCPMM should be available at this version.

Thank you.

Regards

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello JVinc10,

DCPMMs should be listed under BIOS>Advanced>Memory Configuration. Could you tell or take an screenshot of what you see there in BIOS?

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello JVinc10,

I am just following up to double check if you were able to gather the requested information. Otherwise let us know if you require more time to accomplish this. If you consider the issue to be completed please let us know so we can proceed to mark this thread as resolved. This support interaction will be marked as resolved automatically in the next 72 hours if no activity is received.

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello JVinc10,

We will proceed to mark this thread as resolved. If you have further issues or questions just go ahead and create a new topic.

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
dsgd0
Beginner

Is there anther cause why DCPMM will not seem in spite of BIOS model BIOS S2600WF_EFI_BIOSR02010008? It says DCPMM have to be to be had at this version.

0 Kudos