Intel® Optane™ Solid State Drives
Support for Issues Related to Solid State Drives based on Intel® Optane™ technology, Intel® MAS and Firmware Update Tool

5800x optane

olenbr
Beginner

from multiple articles out there, Intel has decided to discontinue consumer Optane SSDs.

looking back at the p4800x and p4801x, they come in multiple form factor such as HHHL, U.2 and M.2 22110.  But the p5800x only has U.2, when will we see other form factor for the new optane device, ie. M.2 form factor?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @olenbr 

Are you asking for Intel® Optane™ memory H10 with solid state storage?

Leon

olenbr
Beginner

Hey @LeonWaksman 

Not the optane memory H10, thats for consumer and it is 2280 m.2 form factor.

optane has been discontinued for consumer afaik, I am talking about the P4801x for data center.

P4801x optane has M.2 22110 form factor, shown here:

https://www.intel.ca/content/www/ca/en/products/memory-storage/solid-state-drives/data-center-ssds/optane-dc-ssd-series/optane-dc-p4801x-series/p4801x-375gb-m-2-110mm.html

the P5800x is the direct successor of 4800 optane series but currently only has U.2 2.5" form factor, when will Intel release M.2 22110 for 5800x?

JosafathB_Intel

Hello, olenbr.

Greetings from; Intel® Memory and Storage support.

As we understand, you needed assistance and information related to Intel® SSDs products. If we inferred correctly, please review the following information:

We apologize, but we can not refer to an unreleased product or provide a date related to future updates on software or hardware solutions.

We will not close this thread, and you can still post and share your findings with the community. If you need assistance related to another Intel® product, please do not hesitate to contact us by opening a new thread, and please submit a new question. We will no longer monitor this thread.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

BHarr8
Valued Contributor I

There is an outside chance that there will be a M.2 22110 version of the P5800X but I doubt it will happen.

I use 2 800P Optane drives in RAID 0 on 2 different systems and the performance is pretty awesome, capacity is also acceptable but those drives are discontinued and the 815P replacements were canceled before launch.

I would caution against the 2 in 1 H series drives that use Optane and NAND as your PC still does the cache processing, the M.2 port requires bifurcation to even use the drives as intended and this is an Intel only technology meaning AMD systems will simply see the H series as 2 different drives.

It is what it is and Optane just isn't being made for consumers, even if the enthusiasts want it.

0 Kudos