Intel® Optane™ Solid State Drives
Support for Issues Related to Solid State Drives based on Intel® Optane™ technology, Intel® MAS and Firmware Update Tool
432 Discussions

Does DC d4800x not support CMD?

huangxiaowen
Beginner
It's not easy for me to learn from your forum that d4800x supports CMB, but when I bought it back, I found that many sub functions in CMD have been cancelled. 
It annoys me.

cmbsz : 80001
Size (SZ): 128
Size Units (SZU): 4 KB
Write Data Support (WDS Write Data and metadata transfer in Controller Memory Buffer is Not supported
Read Data Support (RDS Read Data and metadata transfer in Controller Memory Buffer is Not supported
PRP SGL List Support (LISTS): PRP/SG Lists in Controller Memory Buffer is Not supported
Completion Queue Support (CQS): Admin and I/O Completion Queues in Controller Memory Buffer is Not supported
Submission Queue Support (SQS): Admin and I/O Submission Queues in Controller Memory Buffer is Supported

I need to use WDS and RDS.
0 Kudos
12 Replies
BrusC_Intel

Hello, huangxiaowen.

Thank you for contacting Intel Community Support.

We received your thread regarding the Intel® Optane™ SSD DC D4800X Series CMD support, I will be glad to assist you.

There are some details we would like to confirm first before we can investigate as I was not able to locate the terms you are referring to in the available documentation.

1. What is the exact model of the D4800X you are working with?

2. What does CMD stand for?

3. How are you managing this or how did obtain the information you shared?

4. Are there other D4800X units involved or just one?

5. Any other details you can share regarding this project to provide more context would be appreciated.

I will follow up on January 26th or we can schedule a different date for the follow-up if necessary.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
huangxiaowen
Beginner

1. What is the exact model of the D4800X you are working with?

My D4800X model is SSDPD21K375GA01.

CARTON#: FY00639673

BATCH#:TWFY04K4K7

VERSION#:J76420-004

SN: PHKD81210185375AGN

2. What does CMD stand for?

Let me correct the mistake. It's not CMD, it's CMB

3. How are you managing this or how did obtain the information you shared?

I consulted from your forum.

4. Are there other D4800X units involved or just one?

I bought two.

5. Any other details you can share regarding this project to provide more context would be appreciated.

I want to verify the CMB of switch_ Copy function, which is very important for my project.

Links to my previous questions.

https://community.intel.com/t5/Solid-State-Drives/%E5%85%B3%E4%BA%8E%E4%B8%A4%E4%B8%AASSD%E4%B9%8B%E9%97%B4P2P%E4%BC%A0%E8%BE%93%E9%97%AE%E9%A2%98/m-p/1216762#M1555

0 Kudos
huangxiaowen
Beginner

I want to verify the P2P function of switch through the cmb_copy, which is very important for my Pcie-Switch project.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel

Hello, huangxiaowen.

Thank you very much for all the information.

Please allow me to investigate and I will contact you back as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel

Hello, @huangxiaowen.

Thank you very much for waiting.

I have confirmed that our Intel® Optane™ SSD DC D4800X Series indeed supports CMB, however, it does support it in the minimum sense, so it is normal for those features to be not supported or disabled.

You are correct in observing that only the “Submission Queue Support” portion of CMB is actually supported by the D4800X.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let me know. I will follow up on January 28th or we can schedule a different date if additional time is required.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
huangxiaowen
Beginner

Disable some functions? This is not the result I want.

I want to know how to open all these functions? Which models of this series of products are fully supported?

I learned that P3700 also supports SQ. why should I buy such an expensive d4800x? I really want to return it.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel

Hello, @huangxiaowen.

Thank you for your response.

I completely understand your position, please allow me to investigate and review your inquiry and I will contact you back as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel

Hello, @huangxiaowen.

We apologize there are no other details we can share regarding the CMB compatibility in our SSDs, and other features cannot be enabled or disabled as there is no method to do that.

I would recommend contacting the store or website where you purchased the unit to confirm their return policy.

If I can help you with any other concerns, let me know, otherwise, will close the thread on January 29th.

Regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
huangxiaowen
Beginner
I also want to ask which model supports RDS and WDS?
0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel

Hello, @huangxiaowen.

Please allow me to confirm and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel

Hello, @huangxiaowen.

Thank you for waiting.

I confirmed that there are no models that support those features (WDS and RDS).

With the Intel® Optane™ SSD DC D4800X being the only Series of drives that supports CMB in the minimum sense, this means there are no other models that will support them.

If I can help you with something else, please let me know, otherwise, I will proceed to close the thread on February 3rd.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel

Hello, huangxiaowen.

This message is to confirm that the thread will be closed right now as mentioned in my previous post since we previously shared that there are no other models that will support those features.

If you require any type of assistance from Intel in the future, you can always contact us back by opening a new thread or via any of the other contact methods (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html).

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos