Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

File recovery from Optane Memory H10

pdunbeck
Beginner

Looking for help.

My laptop failed after a large glass of water was spilled on the keyboard.  Oh $hit.

The Laptop will not power up or boot after several days and using a hairdryer, etc..  ... so I bought a new laptop with the expectation I could pull the SSD from the old one and recover the files.  Both the old laptop and the new one are HP.

The SSD is an Optane Model HBRPEKNX0202AH.    Pictures attached.

I bought a M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD Enclosure and plugged it into my new Laptop USB port and get an error message"

D:\

The directory name is invalid.

Any help would be appreciated.

Pete

0 Kudos
1 Solution
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, pdunbeck.

This post is to inform you about the thread closure.

I previously shared that the use of enclosures/adapters is not supported/validated by us, and the drive should be connected directly to an onboard M.2 port, and regarding the data, since there are no official data recovery methods we can share, our recommendation was to contact a data recovery company/processional in case this is absolutely required (or check with the system manufacturer or using a third-party tool).

The thread will be closed right now and no longer monitored by Intel support since there was no response and no confirmation about further assistance bring required, but if you require any type of assistance from Intel in the future, please open a new thread, or contact us using any of the available support methods:

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-intel.html

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, pdunbeck.

Thank you for posting on the Intel Community Support forums.

I received your case regarding the Optane H series, and I will be reviewing this with you.

The use of external adapters/enclosures is not validated by us, the best option would be to look for a different computer, hopefully a desktop, and connect the drive directly to an available M.2 slot, and please check if it is Optane H10 compatible and uses Intel RST or the Optane Memory and Storage Management.

You may also check directly with HP if they have any details about similar issues and other recommendations.

There are no official data recovery methods we can provide, you can use third-party tools to try to recovery the information or contact a data recovery company if recovering the information is absolutely required:

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006357/memory-and-storage.html

I will follow up on August 5th in case you have other questions and additional time is required.

Regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, pdunbeck.

This post is to follow up on your community thread and check if we can be of assistance.

The next follow up will be set to take place on August 10th

Regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, pdunbeck.

This post is to inform you about the thread closure.

I previously shared that the use of enclosures/adapters is not supported/validated by us, and the drive should be connected directly to an onboard M.2 port, and regarding the data, since there are no official data recovery methods we can share, our recommendation was to contact a data recovery company/processional in case this is absolutely required (or check with the system manufacturer or using a third-party tool).

The thread will be closed right now and no longer monitored by Intel support since there was no response and no confirmation about further assistance bring required, but if you require any type of assistance from Intel in the future, please open a new thread, or contact us using any of the available support methods:

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-intel.html

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos