Intel® Optane™ Solid State Drives
Support for Issues Related to Solid State Drives based on Intel® Optane™ technology, Intel® MAS and Firmware Update Tool
432 Discussions

Intel RST installation fails on Win10

idata
Employee

Running a series 600p SSD.

Having no luck with getting the SSD optimizer in the toolbox to run, I tried to update drivers as per suggestions in these forums.

both trying to install the Intel driver available at the 600p support page, SetupRST

AND the manufacturer (ASUS) provided driver, Intel_Rapid_Storage_Technology_Driver_WIN10-64_V16.0.2.1086

-results in a failed installation.

Please advise.

Sincerely

Søren.

Attached, error logs.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello S2ren_M0ller,

I understand that you are having problems installing Intel ® Rapid Storage Technology.

Regarding this, to better assist you with your request, I will need to check some information about your computer. Please follow these steps:

1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R.

2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter.

3. Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop).

4. Attach the report to this thread.

If possible, please post here a screenshot of the actual error that appears when you attempt to install Intel ® RST.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Attached. DxDiag.txt.

Above, picture of error message ... -in Danish

Roughly translated;

The configuration program ended early due to the following error:

A serious error occured during installation.

Sincerely

Søren Møller

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello S2ren_M0ller,

Thank you for your response.

Upon review of the information I can see that you already have Intel ® RST installed so I want to know the reason why you are trying to update the software. Are you getting any problems with the current version?

Also, please let me know the reason why you are trying to use Intel ® RST instead of the Intel ® SSD Toolbox, are you trying to monitor the unit or increase the performance? If it is performance then we should address the SSD Optimizer problem.

Let me know please.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi David,

Well the reason i even started looking for updated drivers and firmware, was due to SSD Toolbox not working for me.

I've updated the firmware through the app, and it recognizes my firmware as the newest version alright.

But (all) the button(s) on the SSD optimizer pane is greyed out.

This, in essence, is where my REAL problem lies.

Sincerely

Søren

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello S2ren_M0ller,

Thank you for your response.

I quite understand, since this is the case I will proceed to move the case to the appropriate area of support so that they can help you with the issue at hand.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello S2ren_M0ller,

Thanks for posting in our communities. We understand that you would like to run Intel® SSD Optimizer on your Intel SSD 600p Series.

This NVMe* based drive uses the Microsoft* NVMe driver, which is not supported by Intel SSD Optimizer. You can check the full requirements for the tool here:

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006425/memory-and-storage.html Optimize Your Intel® SSD Performance with Intel® SSD Toolbox

Please let us know if there is something else we can assist you with.

Regards,

Junior M.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello S2ren_M0ller,

We would like to know if you read our previous post. If you have any other questions, we'll be waiting for your response.

Regards,

Junior M.

0 Kudos