Intel® Optane™ Solid State Drives
Support for Issues Related to Solid State Drives based on Intel® Optane™ technology, Intel® MAS and Firmware Update Tool

Intel optane only shows 27 gig

brt00
Beginner
My intel optane h10 only shows 27 gigs instead of its 512gig of storage.
0 Kudos
1 Solution
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, brt00.

This post is to inform you about the thread closure.

I previously wanted to check if you reviewed the necessary BIOS configuration with the system manufacturer, and how long about you bought the device, but there was no response after trying to follow up.

Since you confirmed that you would try to contact them, the thread will be closed right now and no longer monitored by Intel support, but if you require any type of assistance from Intel in the future, please open a new thread, or contact us using any of the available support methods:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-intel.html

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, brt00.

Thank you for posting on the Intel Community Support Forum.

I received your case regarding the Intel Optane Memory H series not being properly recognized, and I will be reviewing this with you.

Please let me know the following:

1. Have you tested the Optane in different systems? if so, what is the model of the system/motherboard?

2. Did you purchase the unit separately or did it come preinstalled in a system?

3. If it came preinstalled, have you tried to contact the manufacturer of the system?

- This is necessary as the Optane H series requires very specific BIOS configuration, and the system must also be compatible with the H series (not only Optane-ready) since it must be capable or recognizing the two sections of the drive, and both of these can be confirmed with the system manufacturer.

- How long ago did you purchase the system?

I will follow up on August 2nd in case additional time is required.

Regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
brt00
Beginner

Hello Bruce,

I haven't tested the intel optane in any other systems and it came pre installed in my acer aspire 5 a514-53. I haven't contacted the manufacturer yet, I'll do it immediately.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, brt00.

I wanted to follow up on your community thread to check if you received any information from the system manufacturer.

I also wanted to know how long ago you bought the system, because if the unit is confirmed to be defective by any troubleshooting you perform with the, the best option would be to replace it, but this depends on the system where the unit came preinstalled and it it is still under warranty.

I will keep the ticket open and wait for any updates you can share, and I will follow up on August 5th just in case.

Regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, brt00.

This post is to follow up on your community thread.

The next follow up will be set to take place on August 10th.

Regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, brt00.

This post is to inform you about the thread closure.

I previously wanted to check if you reviewed the necessary BIOS configuration with the system manufacturer, and how long about you bought the device, but there was no response after trying to follow up.

Since you confirmed that you would try to contact them, the thread will be closed right now and no longer monitored by Intel support, but if you require any type of assistance from Intel in the future, please open a new thread, or contact us using any of the available support methods:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-intel.html

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos