Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here

Optane Heatsink thing?

Neophyte-A0
Novice

I bought an H10 Nvme gizmo it came with a strip of tape,two small thick elastic bands that feel strong enough to crack the pcb of the device, and what feels like an anodized aluminum heatsink the sticker over the chips says warranty void if removed so I can't apply the tape/thermal solution confidently without voiding my warranty on a brand new device.So tell me explicitly that the warning sticker is really part of the thermal solution or do I just return it?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Neophyte-A0
Novice

Decided to stay my course and use the Optane ram cache method as I have 50+ Meg of executables way less than a Gig of stuff to have preloaded. Using the ssd as intended C: hoping to turn the fans up a notch to end thermal "issues" UEFI may give me a config I can live with. The device will be tucked right under the 2 1/2 slot gpu

View solution in original post

5 Replies
BrusC_Intel

Hello, Neophyte-A0.

Thank you for posting on the Intel Community Support Forums.

I received your case regarding the Optane H10 label and thermal pad, and I will be glad to assist you.

Thermal pads should not really damage the label or units. and you may test it out in case you notice anything out of the ordinary.

Also, was all this included with the original retail box of the unit when you purchased it?

From what store or location did you purchase the device?

I will follow up May 5th.

Regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Neophyte-A0
Novice

I'm not concerned about the sticker a decent part should not need tampering I was skeptical about a warranty sticker as part of a thermal package I don't think it was retail (IDS Online Corp NJ)Sam's Electronic Commerce thru Newegg

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel

Hello, Neophyte-A0.

I can say that the product label should not be removed, and there should no need for you to do so.

I have installed these modules without any thermal pad or heatsink, just the screw, but I understand using them may be required depending on the system or environment.

It is possible that those components were included by the seller, and I can use the ISN/SN to validate the status/origin of the part, you can share this via private message if you would like me to take a look.

I will follow up on May 6th in case additional time is required.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
Neophyte-A0
Novice

Decided to stay my course and use the Optane ram cache method as I have 50+ Meg of executables way less than a Gig of stuff to have preloaded. Using the ssd as intended C: hoping to turn the fans up a notch to end thermal "issues" UEFI may give me a config I can live with. The device will be tucked right under the 2 1/2 slot gpu

BrusC_Intel

Hello, Neophyte-A0.

Thank you for letting us know.

The thread will be closed and no longer monitored by Intel support. If you require any type of assistance from Intel in the future, please open a new thread, or contact us using any of the available support methods:

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-intel.html

Regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos