Intel® Optane™ Solid State Drives
Support for Issues Related to Solid State Drives based on Intel® Optane™ technology, Intel® MAS and Firmware Update Tool
432 Discussions

SSD Datacenter Tool (Cannot Install on Server 2012R2 and Server 2008 R2

MLinh
Beginner

Hi.

I also have the problem that i cannot install the SSD Datacenter Tool on Windows 2012R2 and Windows 2008R2.

Both systems are 64Bit.

The log file states that the installed OS is 32Bit. As you can see i had the problem on older Versions of the Software ( V 3.0.0 and later)

Never got a fix for it.

--

>>> 8/19/2016 08:57:35:681

[Install Configuration]

Installer Version: 1.3.5.0

Compile date = Thu Feb 19 14:22:01 2015

OS command line = "C:\Users\Administrator.BECK\Downloads\DataCenterTool_3_0_0_Windows\Intel SSD Data Center Tool x64 -v3.0.0.400 .exe"

Effective command line =

Windows Version = Windows 2012

Platform = 32 bit

Core Version = 3.0.1 (IIF2++)

System up time = 647249 sec

Source: C:\Windows\temp\IIF3D23.tmp

[Languages]

User default LangID: 0x407

User default UI language: 0x407

Using setup.exe for strings

[Checking requirements]

Checking for admin rights

Admin rights OK

Checking OS

! Invalid OS

IIF will NOT initiate reboot

Exit code = 0xA003

ResultCode = 40963

<<< 8/19/2016 08:57:37:697

>>> 3/26/2017 13:44:51:197

[Install Configuration]

Installer Version: 1.3.5.0

Compile date = Thu Feb 19 14:22:01 2015

OS command line = "C:\Users\Administrator.BECK\Downloads\DataCenterTool_3_0_3_Windows\Intel SSD Data Center Tool x64 -v3.0.3.401.exe"

Effective command line =

Windows Version = Windows 2012

Platform = 32 bit

Core Version = 3.0.1 (IIF2++)

System up time = 3455341 sec

Source: C:\Windows\temp\IIF51E9.tmp

[Languages]

User default LangID: 0x407

User default UI language: 0x407

Using setup.exe for strings

[Checking requirements]

Checking for admin rights

Admin rights OK

Checking OS

! Invalid OS

IIF will NOT initiate reboot

Exit code = 0xA003

ResultCode = 40963

<<< 3/26/2017 13:44:53:103

>

0 Kudos
11 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello MichaelLindher,

We understand the Intel® Data Center Tool does not install in your system using either Windows* Server 2008R2 and 2012R.

We would like you to please share the complete installation log, you can gather the log from C:\Intel\Logs - Filename: IntelSSDDataCenterTool_install.log

Also, we would like you to please download https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility this tool and share the XML file in the thread. Please remember to use the advanced editor to upload the files

Regards,

Nestor C
0 Kudos
MLinh
Beginner

Hi.

Here the requested files

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi MichaelLinher,

Thanks for the files provided. We'll take a look on those.

One recommendation we have for you is to update the version of .net framework to the latest one, this in case you don't have it already.

We'll be contacting you as soon as we have any other recommendation.

Regards,

Nestor C
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi MichaelLinher,

We would like you to please install the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26451/Intel-SSD-Data-Center-Family-for-NVMe-Drivers NVMe* driver and then try the installation. We will be waiting for your response as well with the update of .net framework.

Regards,

Nestor C

0 Kudos
MLinh
Beginner

Installed the new driver.

Same problem.

I want to note that i have the same problem on all Windows Server installations.

I asked around in my company and 2 technicians told me they have the same issue.

Server 2008R2, Server 2012R2 and Server2016

All machines have the latest updates and .net Framework installed.

The problem seems to be that the installer detects a 32bit installation of the OS

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi MichaelLinher,

We have seen logs from installations here on 64 bit OS that it also reports it as 32 bit, so basically we would like to review it.

Thanks for the new logs provided, we'll engage additional resources in order to get the resolution of this, that does not involve reloading the whole operating system.

Regards,

Nestor C
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi MichaelLinher,

We would like to ask you if it is possible for you to reinstall the operating system as a test? This since we have received reports from other customers having the same situation and they got it fixed by reloading the operating system.

We do understand if you can't try this at this moment and we will be working on other possible solutions as well.

Regards,

Nestor C
0 Kudos
MLinh
Beginner

Hello.

Sorry, I can´reinstall the System. Is there a new installer to try?

Over the weekend i tried to install the package on 5 other System´s i manage. The same problem on all 5 of them.

The systems are Server 2008R2 x64 and Server 2012R2 x64 (Standard)

Greeting

Michael L.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello MichaelLinher,

Thanks for replying back and testing it over the weekend.

We do understand that a reinstallation is not the best way to fix this and we will be still working on getting the root cause of this issue.

Regards,

Nestor C
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi MichaelLinher,

We have been trying to replicate this situation and we never got an error or warning. All of our tests performed were successful and did not display any issues.

Since we have not been able to reproduce this, our only recommendation is to reload the operating system. We have confirmation of this working fine from some other users over our communities. /message/457046# 457046 Here is another thread about it.

Regards,

Nestor C
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi MichaelLinher,

We would like to know if you were able to follow our recommendations and if the software was able to be installed?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards,

Nestor C
0 Kudos