Intel® Optane™ Solid State Drives
Support for Issues Related to Solid State Drives based on Intel® Optane™ technology, Intel® MAS and Firmware Update Tool
432 Discussions

SSD toolbox v 3.3.6 has stopped working with Windows 10 64 bit

idata
Employee

Had no issues running SSD Toolbox with my Intel 510 SSD under Windows 7 64-bit with this hardware configuration

Clean install of Windows 10.

Installed Windows 10 and installed SSD Toolbox 3.3.6

Installation completes but if when I run SSD Toolbox I immediately get:

Intel SSD Toolbox has stopped working.

Reading the previous threads with similar issues:

I installed:

Java 8 Update 101

.NET Framework 4.6.2

Also tried disabling Windows Defender Real-time protection.

The SSD is plugged directly into the SATA port on the motherboard with the ICH10R controller

0 Kudos
25 Replies
idata
Employee

ainthe,

We understand your Intel® Solid State Drive Toolbox 3.3.6 is no longer loading after a new installation of Windows® 10, we would like to know if you are able to test the SSD in a different computer with Windows® 10 as well?

Also, did you try to re-install the application?

Any way you may try to run the application in safe mode?

We will be waiting for your response.

NC
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have uninstalled and re-installed SSD Toolbox 3.3.6 a total 4 times now.

It was the first application I tried to install after Windows 10 finished installing and updating.

I have tried running SSD Toolbox in Safe Mode and it still displays the same behavior; application starts but stops working immediately.

I am not sure what I would be testing by installing the SSD in another computer with Windows 10? The SSD works it is SSD Toolbox that stops working. Also, I had no issues running SSD Toolbox under Windows 7.

I have an identical machine, they were built to the same specifications. If you like I can install Intel SSD Toolbox 3.3.6 on that machine and see if it functions. They both have Windows 10 64 bit installed with the OS loaded on the Intel 510 250 GB SSD.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

ainthe,

Please try the SSD in the other system and let us know. We have installed the Intel® Solid State Drive Toolbox 3.3.6 in 2 different systems with Windows® 10 and it worked just fine.

Please let us know the outcome.

NC
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Ainthe,

We are following up this situation and we would like to know if you were able to test the SSD in a different system?

Also, could you please let us know your computer's specs? - Please include for example: Windows® 10 64Bit Build number.

We will be waiting for your response.

NC
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

NC,

I tested the SSD in another system, new install of MS Windows 10 Pro v10.0.10586 Build 10586.

No other software installed. Install Intel SSD Toolbox v3.3.6. Run Intel SSD Toolbox after installation.

Intel SSD Toolbox stops working as soon as it loads.

Processor: Intel(R) Core i7 X 980

BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. 0803 8/6/2012

Motherboard: ASUS P6X58D-E

Memory: 24 GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical (6 X 4GB)

Display: NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN

Storage: INTEL SSDSC2MH250A2

Let me know if you need any additional hardware information.

As I indicated earlier Intel SSD Toolbox worked without issues with this same hardware installed with Windows 7 64-bit.

With Windows 7 there was a Chipset Driver for this motherboard but it does not appear to be needed for Windows 10.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Ainthe,

Thanks for replying back and testing the software in a different computer.

We would like to review your specs and try to perform more testing since as we informed you, we do not see the issue with our systems.

Please allow us some time to review this situation and we will get back to you here.

NC
0 Kudos
SKama2
Beginner

I am facing the same issue with 3.3.6 toolbox. It stops working immediately after the app launches. I have an X-25M SSD on Win 10 64-bit. The toolbox worked fine on 3.3.3, but no longer worked post the 3.3.6 upgrade. I would like to downgrade back to 3.3.3 but can't find it online. I also tried 3.3.5 and have the same result. Please let me know where I can download 3.3.3. Thank you

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Jaguaraja,

Could you please also provide the specs of your computer?

We will check if it is possible to get the previous version, in the meantime the situation is being checked by the software team.

Regards,

NC
0 Kudos
SKama2
Beginner

Windows 10

Intel i7 860

8GB mem

Intel SSDSA2M160G2GC

let me know what else you need.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Jaguaraja,

Thanks so much for the quick response. We will be reviewing this case as well the other.

In the meantime, please allow us to research on this, we will keep you posted.

NC
0 Kudos
SKama2
Beginner

You're welcome. In the interim, if you can provide me access to version 3.3.3 (last working version I had) of the software, then I can also try that and report the results.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Jaguaraja,

Please check your private messages.

NC
0 Kudos
SKama2
Beginner

NC,

Installation of 3.3.3 was successful and is working as expected! Thank you!

0 Kudos
EEmer
Beginner
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Based on Jaguaraja test; I also tested an older version of Intel SSD Toolbox.

I do not have access to v3.3.3.

I installed v3.1.6 and it installed and does not stop working. I was also able to run a session of Intel SSD Optimizer without any issues.

So the problem is definitely with the current release v3.3.6

I would also appreciate it f I can get a copy of v3.3.3 to see if it can run on my system correctly.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Ainthe,

Please check your private messages.

We are glad to hear at least the older version is working fine, however, we will be still researching why the latest version is having this situation, we will keep you all posted.

Regards,

NC
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for the download link.

I was able to install v3.3.3 and run it without any issues.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello All,

We would like to let you know all that our engineering department is under reproduction process and we will be sharing any results or updates shortly.

Regards,

NC
0 Kudos
EEmer
Beginner

can I get 3.3.3 3.3.6 will not work

0 Kudos
EEmer
Beginner

can I get 3.3.3 3.3.6 will not work

0 Kudos