Intel® Optane™ Solid State Drives
Support for Issues Related to Solid State Drives based on Intel® Optane™ technology, Intel® MAS and Firmware Update Tool
432 Discussions

Update 540s SSD firmware-FUT 2.2.1 not working

YYang41
Beginner

I download the FUT2.2.1 and burn it into a USB drive. It is bootable and the Linux system can be loaded. But then the system freezes. The FUT used to work on my computer and I used it to update my 540s successfully before. My computer is ThinkPad T440 with 480 GB 540s SSD installed. Does anyone else have the problem?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Yao_Yang,

We understand you're having issues updating the firmware on your Intel® SSD 540s Series using the Firmware Update Tool.

It's important to make sure that your BIOS has been set to legacy (CSM enabled) mode while booting to the Firmware Update Tool, this setting will then need to be changed back (if applicable) to whatever it was before once you've updated your firmware.

Please let us know if this helps.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
YYang41
Beginner

Hi,

I find that Intel just released the latest SSD Toolkit 3.4.6 which support update the firmware of 540s SSD. And I finally updated the firmware using the toolkit.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Yao_Yang,

We're glad to hear that your issue has been resolved. If you have any additional issues or feedback, feel free to let us know.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos