Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

275024 : width mismatch in ports

GMA
Beginner

Hey all,

I'm trying to implement ALTMULT_COMPLEX for complex numbers, However, when I came to implement the circuit, it shows that all input sizes are mismatch. Can you please help with that? an image is attached.GHF.JPG

0 Kudos
8 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

It's really hard to see in your picture what the signal name is on dataa_real, but it looks like it should be p[15..0] to match the input you have. Can you post the error message(s) you're getting?

#iwork4intel

0 Kudos
GMA
Beginner

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, i'm trying to implement altmult_complex circuit with two inputs (each has 32 bits) and one output with 64 bits.

the names are identical with the inputs. here is the error message.

would be very grateful if you could help me.

G2.JPG

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Oh, if you're going to not directly connect the I/O to the bus wires of altmult_complex, you need to add bus wires to the I/O and name them appropriately. The tool thinks your I/O are all single bit. I/O naming in the schematic editor is separate from internal signal naming. Your I/O objects are right next to the block. Why not just connect them directly?

#iwork4intel

0 Kudos
GMA
Beginner

I did, i connected them directly but got the same message again.

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Weird. Can you post the updated schematic?

#iwork4intel

0 Kudos
GMA
Beginner

LPM_C.JPG

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Well, if it's not the pins or signals, then it must be your settings for the IP. Double-click it and make sure the widths are set correctly.

#iwork4intel

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Just wonder if you have had a chance to try the following:

1. In your schematic, delete all the wires, pins and the altmult_complex instance
  2. Launch the Megawizard for the altmult_complex IP in your design and regenerate the HDL and BSF
  3. Add the new BSF into schematic
  4. Right-click on the instance -> Generate Pins. This should auto-generate the input/output pins with the corresponding width
  5. Run the compilation again to see if issue still persist

If issue still persist, please help to attach your test design QAR so that I can further look into it. Thank you very much.

0 Kudos