Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16596 Discussions

ADC Toolkit: No associated hardware detected

paulw7
Beginner

I know my board is connected, I know it has being programmed and it is using the ADC with 'JTAG to Avalon Bridge'.... Yet when I run System Console, ADC Toolkit gives me 'No associated hardware detected'

My Quartus version is 20.1.1 Build 720

Any suggestions as to how I get System Console to detect my ADC?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
paulw7
Beginner

I'll add some more info, I was following: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oO1RFa-4Xk

There were a couple of differences along the way, like instead of  Qsys, I'm using Platform Designer and instead of 'Altera Modular ADC Core' it's named 'Modular ADC Core Intel...'. So obviously there have been changes since the tutorial.

Another thing to add, when I load up System Console, I get some messages and there are some red crosses and I don't know what they mean, see image.

Can anyone help with this?

0 Kudos
paulw7
Beginner
0 Kudos
JonWay_C_Intel
Employee

Hi there, which quartus version are you using? One thing you can do is to revert back to an older Quartus version and see if that works? If it doesnt, then probably it has nothing to do with the version but rather the design itself.

For "No associated hardware detected", try closing the System Console first --> Goto Programmer -->  program the sof into the device --> Run System Console. 

0 Kudos
JonWay_C_Intel
Employee

You can also use this design: https://fpgacloud.intel.com/devstore/platform/16.0.0/Standard/max-10-adc-with-threshold-violation-detection/

This is the same implementation as the youtube how to video with additional threshold violation detection.

As a sanity check, download Quartus programmer v16.0, and use the system console to run the design. Make sure that it works.

Then you can try the same design with the newer Quartus version you have installed.

This way, you can rule out if this is a Quartus version issue or design issue. 

0 Kudos
paulw7
Beginner

I opened the design you gave me the link to, and it compiles ok. However, my pin assignments are different, so I move the clock and reset to the pins assigned on my board and I try to compile. It fails with this:

Error (170084): Can't route signal "ADC2_PLL:pll|ADC2_PLL_altpll_5q22:sd1|wire_pll7_clk[0]" to atom "ADC2_ADC:adc|altera_modular_adc_control:control_internal|fiftyfivenm_adcblock_top_wrapper:adc_inst|fiftyfivenm_adcblock_primitive_wrapper:adcblock_instance|primitive_instance"

Error (170084): Can't route signal "ADC2_PLL:pll|ADC2_PLL_altpll_5q22:sd1|wire_pll7_clk[0]" to atom "ADC2_ADC:adc|altera_modular_adc_control:control_internal|fiftyfivenm_adcblock_top_wrapper:adc_inst|fiftyfivenm_adcblock_primitive_wrapper:adcblock_instance|primitive_instance"

My version is 20.1.1 Build 720 SJ Lite Edition

0 Kudos
JonWay_C_Intel
Employee

I think you will have to either Upgrade the IP or rebuild (instantiate the newer IP to replace the old one). Then try compiling again.

0 Kudos
JonWay_C_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Pranav_pawar
Beginner

Hi paulw7,

were you able to solve your issue? I am also getting the same kind of error. ADC toolkit doesn't show a launch option and also there are red crosses on devices and connections folder very similar to the image you shared.

I am using 18.1 version, Quartus is able to detect USB Blaster II.

0 Kudos