Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

ADC Toolkit in Free version of the Quartus Tool

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi I have followed the example of the Engineer to Engineer pages for a simple ADC setup on a DE10-Lite board. 

However when I try to use the system console to access the ADC I see no entry to allow me to do so even though I built the project with debug and followed the example to the letter. 

My problem is that since I do not have a full subscription version of the tool I am wondering it this feature is not available in the free version I have can anyone confirm if this is the case as it is not clear from the listed features pages?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

When you say you "see no entry to allow me to do so", what exactly do you mean? Do you mean you can't start a toolkit in System Console? Which exact design are you referring to (link?)?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The Engineer to Engineer video I followed is called "How to create Max 10 ADC design using Qsys" and is located here:- https://www.altera.com/content/dam/altera-www/global/en_us/video/e2e/how-to-create-adc-design-in-max-10-device-using-qsys-tool.mp4 

I followed this video to the letter, but when I reach the later stages where the Qsys tool is used and the console is called up I do not see the "ADC Toolkit (Beta)" you can see the screen I mean about 15mins into the video.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Which version of Quartus are you using? The ADC toolkit should appear unless you're using a particularly old version of the software. I don't believe ADC Toolkit is a Standard edition only feature, but I could be wrong.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The version I have is 17.0.0 Build 595 04/25/2017 SJ Lite Edition i.e. not a subscription copy as at present this is not a company sponsored project. If need be it can become one but I am trying to teach myself VHDL and thus need/want to use my own PC and not a company one.

0 Kudos