Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
15323 Discussions

ADC Toolkit in Free version of the Quartus Tool

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi I have followed the example of the Engineer to Engineer pages for a simple ADC setup on a DE10-Lite board. 

However when I try to use the system console to access the ADC I see no entry to allow me to do so even though I built the project with debug and followed the example to the letter. 

My problem is that since I do not have a full subscription version of the tool I am wondering it this feature is not available in the free version I have can anyone confirm if this is the case as it is not clear from the listed features pages?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

When you say you "see no entry to allow me to do so", what exactly do you mean? Do you mean you can't start a toolkit in System Console? Which exact design are you referring to (link?)?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The Engineer to Engineer video I followed is called "How to create Max 10 ADC design using Qsys" and is located here:- https://www.altera.com/content/dam/altera-www/global/en_us/video/e2e/how-to-create-adc-design-in-max... 

I followed this video to the letter, but when I reach the later stages where the Qsys tool is used and the console is called up I do not see the "ADC Toolkit (Beta)" you can see the screen I mean about 15mins into the video.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Which version of Quartus are you using? The ADC toolkit should appear unless you're using a particularly old version of the software. I don't believe ADC Toolkit is a Standard edition only feature, but I could be wrong.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The version I have is 17.0.0 Build 595 04/25/2017 SJ Lite Edition i.e. not a subscription copy as at present this is not a company sponsored project. If need be it can become one but I am trying to teach myself VHDL and thus need/want to use my own PC and not a company one.