Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16592 Discussions

About Metastability Summary for QuartusII Compilation Report

KJalte2
New Contributor I

Please tell me about the QuartusII Compilation Report / Metastability Summary.

1. Can this Metastability be improved by changing the design?
2. Please tell me how to improve with TimeQuest.
3. Please tell me the reference document.

attached the files: Metastability Summary -En.xlsx

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Ryan_S_Intel
Employee

I wish the Metastability Report were used more, but people seem to want to ignore it.  

Note that if you go into Timing Analyzer and run Report Metastability(not just the summary), you can see all 206 chains analyzed to determine that number.  It may be just a few synchronizers that are driving the final MTBF.  Assuming you have Optimize for Metastability on(which is the default, and can be found under Assignments -> Settings -> Fitter), often the easiest way is to add another register to the chain(s).

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

Hi,

May I know if there is any updates?

0 Kudos
KJalte2
New Contributor I

Thank you for your reply!
I understood that the Quartus II settings can solve the problem.

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

We do not receive any response from you to the previous reply that I have provided, thus I will put this case to close pending. Please post a response in the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions. 

0 Kudos