Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

About the synthesis of the same work by quartus 13.1

lambert_yu
Beginner

Hi sir/medam,

I face one problem, when I compile the same project by two PCs, (I make sure the project and quartus II software is same)  but the result of compile is different, one quartus II software can compile the correct result, and the quartus II software on another PC can get result, but the resource of  some modules in the project is zero, it looks like these modules is optimized, I try many ways to locate the problem, but the result is the same as before, so I have no idea about this problem, could some will help me?  Because of comfidentiality principle, the project can not provide. 

software : quartus II 13.1

Best regards,
Lambert

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ak6dn
Valued Contributor III

Are the Quartus software installs EXACTLY the same? Patch level, device files?

Same OS on each system?

I would go into each project file and delete all existing generated files and regenerate each from scratch.

If they are still different, TBH I would expect your Quartus installs are not identical.

You might have to share the design .flow.rpt and .fit.rpt files to allow us to comment.

If you can't share anything you aren't going to get much additional help.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ak6dn
Valued Contributor III

Are the Quartus software installs EXACTLY the same? Patch level, device files?

Same OS on each system?

I would go into each project file and delete all existing generated files and regenerate each from scratch.

If they are still different, TBH I would expect your Quartus installs are not identical.

You might have to share the design .flow.rpt and .fit.rpt files to allow us to comment.

If you can't share anything you aren't going to get much additional help.

0 Kudos
lambert_yu
Beginner

Hi ak6dn,

I try your method that deletes all files and add them each in my project, I find the error, thanks.

Best regards,

Lambert

0 Kudos