Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16557 Discussions

Add Cyclone III device to Quartus II 13.1.

RPada2
Beginner

I have installed quartus 13.1 for my project and I wanted to install Cyclone III for my project. How can I do that?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Abe
Valued Contributor II

You can download the Cyclone device libraries from here:

http://download.altera.com/akdlm/software/acdsinst/13.1/162/ib_installers/cyclone_web-13.1.0.162.qdz

After downloading , install the device files via Quartus Device installer (Standalone) or via the Tools menu in Quartus II

0 Kudos
RPada2
Beginner

​Abe,

Thanks for the update. I appreciate that.  I tried to install it from the Tools menu. I was not able to install from there. How can I install the device from Quartus Device Installer? I am not sure how it can be done. Can you please explain the steps?

0 Kudos
Vicky1
Employee

Hi Riddhi,

Download the device Cyclone III(specific Subscription/ Web Edition) from Download center and then open Device Installer(Quartus 13.1) windows start menu or

Quartus "Tools" option(If available) to install the device.

Refer the below link & screenshot,

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/downloads/download-center.html

Cyclone III.JPG

please let me know if this has helped

Regards,

Vikas

0 Kudos
RPada2
Beginner

​​Thanks Vikas for the update. I have followed above listed steps. However, whenever I am trying to install device under the tools menu. I am getting a message which reads as shown in the attached figure. So, I tried to locate that file and tried to open it from there to quartus II. But, it doesn't let me install the device either. I am not what can be done in such case.1.jpg

0 Kudos
RPada2
Beginner

​Thanks for the update. I have followed above listed steps. However, whenever I am trying to install device under the tools menu. I am getting a message which reads as shown in the attached figure.  So, I tried to locate that file and tried to open it from there to quartus II. But, it doesn't let me install the device either. I am not what can be done in such case.1.jpg

0 Kudos
Abe
Valued Contributor II

You did try to launch the one that comes with Quartus II . what the message says is you have to use the Standalone device installer.. This will be present in the Windows start menu under Quartus -> Device Installer. Use this version of the device installer to add the device support.

RPada2
Beginner

I was able to install the device from the device installer. thanks for the help.

0 Kudos