Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

Add State Machine Node in SignalTap file

JHenk3
Beginner

I used to be able to add a state machine node into my stp file by right clicking in the file and selecting “add state machine node” from the popup menu.  The updated Quartus Pro tool does not have the option anymore from the menu. I am assuming it has just moved somewhere and I cannot seem to find it. The help files do not resolve for me since they all tell me to add it from the menu – like I used to...as described at this link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/quartushelp/17.0/program/ela/ela_db_add_state.htm

The problem is that the selection for “Add State Machine Nodes” is no longer in the Edit menu. The state machines exist in my build – because I can see them listed in the resource section of the compilation report – I just cannot seem to add them as a node anymore….only the individual states (which is painful with a state machine of any size).  Do I need to set a flag or something similar to get the option back?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Unfortunately, this feature did not migrate to Pro.  No idea why.

0 Kudos
ShengN_Intel
Employee

Hi JHenk3,

Any update? Did the comment above helps?

0 Kudos
ShengN_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos
cdmski
Beginner

Is there any intention to add this feature to Quartus Pro?

0 Kudos