Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16592 Discussions

Add files to Quartus thanks to a list file

Busy
Novice

Hello,

Until now, when I want to add files to my project, I modify .QSF file by adding a line: 

set_global_assignment -name IP_FILE filename1.ip set_global_assignment -name IP_FILE filename2.ip

Now I would like to include all the files into one text file and add this (only) file into the project.

For example (it should be easier to understand):

I've got two files: filename1.ip and filename2.ip.

Instead of having two lines into the .QSF:

set_global_assignment -name IP_FILE filename1.ip set_global_assignment -name IP_FILE filename2.ip

I'd like to add only one line (in the .QSF); such as

set_global_assignment -name xxx_FILE filelist.txt

with filelist.txt containing the two path to the IP:

If I use '.QIP' extension and 'set_global_assignment -name QIP_FILE filelist.qip', Quartus complains 'Critical Warning(125091): Tcl error: ERROR: Option "-qip" for "IP_FILE" assignment is illegal. Specify a legal option or remove the option.'

If I use '.IP' extension and 'set_global_assignment -name IP_FILE filelist.ip', Quartus complains 'The synthesis RTL for ../src/filelist.ip has not been generated'.

I know that I can modify the .QSF (using SED or AWK) but I'd like something simpler (main objective is to automatically list all IP files present into a directory (with a 'ls' command) and put this list in the filelist.txt file).

Many thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Try adding ip files in tcl and include it in qsf.

set_global_assignment -name SOURCE_TCL_SCRIPT_FILE filename.tcl

or try

source filelist.txt

Let me know if this has helped resolve the issue you are facing or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Anand

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Try adding ip files in tcl and include it in qsf.

set_global_assignment -name SOURCE_TCL_SCRIPT_FILE filename.tcl

or try

source filelist.txt

Let me know if this has helped resolve the issue you are facing or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Anand

0 Kudos
Busy
Novice

Perfect!

I use 'source filelist.qsf'

Thank you!

0 Kudos