Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

Additional software needed for DSP Builder HDL import

CBlow
Partner

Hello,

My customer is interested in importing hand-written HDL into DSP Builder-adv using the HDL Import block.

It appears that ‘HDL Import’ block in DSPbuilder_adv requires MATLAB ‘HDL Verifier’.  It also appears that the ‘HDL Import’ block doesn’t support Modelsim AE from dspba_adv handbook ch8.9.

So can you please confirm two additional products are needed (HDLVerifier, Modelsim(not altera version)) to use the ‘HDL Import’?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As I understand it, you have some inquiries related to the HDL import requirement. yes, your understanding is correct, to import the HDL to DSP Builder, you require the two software component:

1. HDL Verifier toolbox

2. An HDL Verifier compatible version of the ModelSim simulator (non-AE edition)

You may refer to the section "8.9. About Importing HDL" in the DSP Builder Advanced Blockset handbook for further details.

Please let me know if there is any concern. Thank you.

Best regards,

Chee Pin

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I believe the initial inquiry has been addressed. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos