Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16596 Discussions

Altera Arria V latest software for OpenCL

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I recently bought a new Altera Arria V board (http://www.terasic.com.tw/cgi-bin/page/archive.pl?language=english&categoryno=166&no=893). I am planning to use it to design a certain application using OpenCL. Unfortunately, I didn't find so far the required software to get it work. I mean by that the Altera RTE for OpenCL and the required driver (aclsoc_drv.ko). 

I would be grateful if you could help me how I can find the latest software! 

Thank you all
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

There is no OpenCL BSP provided by Altera for the Arria V. I've been working on one for several months without success. I've created a SR with Altera and they are working on a solution to my issue. I'm optimistic that my issue will be resolved soon. Since I'm working for a company, I will not be able to publish the BSP, but I do plan to publish a description of how I generated the BSP so others can create their own BSP.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Arria V is not mainly for open cl , but the DE5-Net FPGA and DE1-SoC are bundle with this purpose.Time for you to upgrade your development board already. 

http://www.terasic.com.tw/cgi-bin/page/archive.pl?language=taiwan&no=927
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

and you can also check that the Arria V device board related file is not in the HDL folder of the open CL installation path. this device is not official support item. the nearest one would be using cyclone V board then

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

and you can also check that the Arria V device board related file is not in the HDL folder of the open CL installation path. this device is not official support item. the nearest one would be using cyclone V board then 

--- Quote End ---  

Just to be clear...for whatever not all of the BSPs are installed with the SDK installation. There is a BSP for the AV SoC board, as well as A10, A10SoC, SV GX, SV GZ boards...etc. The expectation was that people would be contacting ALtera sales for OpenCL support of a license and therefore could request the BSP they needed. THis is being changed in 16.1 release to include all of the BSPs for all of the Altera Boards that have been tested with the OpenCL conformance regression testing.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am interested in knowing does the Arria V soc dev kit support OpenCL? I am looking for an opencl enabled soc dev kit with PCIe Gen2. I could not find enough references for Arria V dev kit as compare to cyclone V. Does Arria V soc dev kit support openCL? If so where can i find all the files needed for the same?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

ALL FPGA devices support OpenCL...OpenCL is just a programming language that compiles OpenCL C/C++ into LLVM and then into RTL. THe OpenCL standard not only standardizes the C language, but also the host to accelerator communication. So, for OpenCL to work on an FPGA you need a Board Support Package...TO be clear...I think what you are asking is for a BSP for an Arria V SoC Dev Kit. 

If you contact your local Intel PSG (formerly Altera) sales representatives or file a service request, they can provide you with the BSP for the AV SoC dev kit. 

--- Quote Start ---  

I am interested in knowing does the Arria V soc dev kit support OpenCL? I am looking for an opencl enabled soc dev kit with PCIe Gen2. I could not find enough references for Arria V dev kit as compare to cyclone V. Does Arria V soc dev kit support openCL? If so where can i find all the files needed for the same? 

--- Quote End ---  

0 Kudos