Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16557 Discussions

Altera USB Blaster 2 Drivers - When will you support Windows running on ARM64 processor?

Liron612
Beginner

Hi,

I am using DE2-115 Development kit with Macbook.

it is working using Parallels only for Macbook with intel processor.

I bought a new Macbook with M2 Processor (Apple's Arm based processor) and it does not work with Parallels Windows due to driver mismatch.

so in order to use my DE2-115 dev kit, I need to use an old Macbook (2017), instead of my new Macbook (2022). 

From my customer perspective, it is very disappointing that Intel is not making an effort to publish official drivers for Macbook with M1/M2 processors. (aka Altera drivers for windows with Arm64 processor).

Please Support.

Liron.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Farabi
Employee

Hello,

I am sorry, there is no plan to support other platform like ARM64 processor. However, I will highlight this to our internal Engineering team to take a look into leveraging support for ARM64 processors.

regards,

Farabi

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos