Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)

Another sld_hub error

aakkü
Novice

Hello,

I am trying to use NIOS 2 processor in max10 FPGA thus I've been unsuccesful. My project includes a NIOS 2 processor with parallel I/O controlling some LEDS.

This is the error I get when I try to compile the project:

Error (11176): Set_instance_parameter_value: There is no parameter named DESIGN_HASH on instance alt_sld_fab

Error (11176): Alt_sld_fab.: version not allowed for EModuleProperty, must be in {[DESCRIPTION, NAME, VERSION, MODULE_TCL_FILE, MODULE_DIRECTORY, INTERNAL, HIDE_FROM_SOPC, HIDE_FROM_QSYS, HIDE_FROM_QUARTUS, OPAQUE_ADDRESS_MAP, GROUP, AUTHOR, ICON_PATH, DISPLAY_NAME, DATASHEET_URL, TOP_LEVEL_HDL_FILE, TOP_LEVEL_HDL_MODULE, INSTANTIATE_IN_SYSTEM_MODULE, EDITABLE, VALIDATION_CALLBACK, EDITOR_CALLBACK, ELABORATION_CALLBACK, GENERATION_CALLBACK, COMPOSITION_CALLBACK, PARAMETER_UPGRADE_CALLBACK, OUTDATED_IP_FILE, ANALYZE_HDL, STATIC_TOP_LEVEL_MODULE_NAME, FIX_110_VIP_PATH, SUPPORTED_DEVICE_FAMILIES, REPORT_TO_TALKBACK, ALLOW_GREYBOX_GENERATION, SUPPRESS_WARNINGS, STRUCTURAL_COMPOSITION_CALLBACK, NATIVE_INTERPRETER, PREFERRED_SIMULATION_LANGUAGE, REPORT_HIERARCHY, UPGRADEABLE_FROM]}

Error (12154): Can't elaborate inferred hierarchy "sld_hub:auto_hub"

Error: Quartus Prime Analysis & Synthesis was unsuccessful. 3 errors, 4 warnings

Error: Peak virtual memory: 4931 megabytes

Error: Processing ended: Tue Jan 29 14:19:40 2019

Error: Elapsed time: 00:00:33

Error: Total CPU time (on all processors): 00:00:49

Error: Peak virtual memory: 4931 megabytes

Error: Processing ended: Tue Jan 29 14:19:40 2019

Error: Elapsed time: 00:00:33

Error: Total CPU time (on all processors): 00:00:49

Error (293001): Quartus Prime Full Compilation was unsuccessful. 5 errors, 4 warnings

I googled this problem and found out similar forum threads, but nothing fixed my problem.

What should I do?

0 Kudos
36 Replies
Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee
Hi, Can you share with me the QSYS system (Screen Shot) and the top level Quartus project file (screen shot)? It seems you are doing something wrong. BTW it is recommended to start with a Golden top design or a reference design in case of using one of Intel's Dev-Kits.
0 Kudos
aakkü
Novice

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I used this development board without any golden top file in the past and they all worked fine. I don't know it's the source of my problem. Can you confirm that it's not a licensing problem? I am using the free version.

Here are the files you requested. Should I share the .par file as well?

0 Kudos
aakkü
Novice

Qsys screen capture is attached. I couldn't manage to add two files at once.

0 Kudos
Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee
Hi, Thanks for the sharing. It is a very simple design, I can't see a fetal error. Please start with one of our example designs here which will be pre-compiled successfully, you need only to edit it as per your preferences and recompile. https://fpgacloud.intel.com/devstore/platform/?acds_version=16.0&ip_core=NiosII&family=max-10&category=2 For more info please check this: Online training: Basics of Programmable Logic (http://wl.altera.com/education/training/courses/ODSW1005) The Quartus Software Design Series Foundation(http://wl.altera.com/education/training/courses/ODSW1110) The Quartus Software Interactive Tutorial (http://wl.altera.com/education/training/courses/ODSW1050) Regards, Ahmed
0 Kudos
aakkü
Novice

I tried this example : https://fpgacloud.intel.com/devstore/platform/16.0.0/Standard/nios-ii-on-die-temperature-sensor-max10-de10-lite/ and many others.

I still get the same error. It's an example for the board I am using . I still the the exact same error. I also tried different versions of quartus and even different computer. No change whatsoever.

What should I do?

0 Kudos
Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee

Hi,

Here is a "Hello world" project I have created and tested now for MAX 10 using the same IPs in QSYS.

Please check this edit it and then recompile after you add your preferences.

0 Kudos
Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee

Zip file is here

0 Kudos
aakkü
Novice

I got the same errors. I tried it in two different quartus versions. 18.1 and 16.0. I still got the same errors.

Error (11176): Set_instance_parameter_value: There is no parameter named DESIGN_HASH on instance alt_sld_fab

Error (11176): Alt_sld_fab.: version not allowed for EModuleProperty, must be in {[DESCRIPTION, NAME, VERSION, MODULE_TCL_FILE, MODULE_DIRECTORY, INTERNAL, HIDE_FROM_SOPC, HIDE_FROM_QSYS, HIDE_FROM_QUARTUS, OPAQUE_ADDRESS_MAP, GROUP, AUTHOR, ICON_PATH, DISPLAY_NAME, DATASHEET_URL, TOP_LEVEL_HDL_FILE, TOP_LEVEL_HDL_MODULE, INSTANTIATE_IN_SYSTEM_MODULE, EDITABLE, VALIDATION_CALLBACK, EDITOR_CALLBACK, ELABORATION_CALLBACK, GENERATION_CALLBACK, COMPOSITION_CALLBACK, PARAMETER_UPGRADE_CALLBACK, OUTDATED_IP_FILE, ANALYZE_HDL, STATIC_TOP_LEVEL_MODULE_NAME, FIX_110_VIP_PATH, SUPPORTED_DEVICE_FAMILIES, REPORT_TO_TALKBACK, ALLOW_GREYBOX_GENERATION, SUPPRESS_WARNINGS, STRUCTURAL_COMPOSITION_CALLBACK, NATIVE_INTERPRETER, PREFERRED_SIMULATION_LANGUAGE, REPORT_HIERARCHY, UPGRADEABLE_FROM]}

Error: Quartus Prime Analysis & Synthesis was unsuccessful. 3 errors, 32 warnings

Error: Peak virtual memory: 4934 megabytes

Error: Processing ended: Fri Feb 08 09:45:15 2019

Error: Elapsed time: 00:00:56

Error: Total CPU time (on all processors): 00:01:25

Error (293001): Quartus Prime Full Compilation was unsuccessful. 5 errors, 32 warnings

Can you confirm that it's not a licensing issue? I use the free version. Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee
Hi, I didn't see any errors when I've created the project, It should be a license issue, Can you use the NIOS e core instead and try?
0 Kudos
aakkü
Novice

unfortunately I also tried that before. There is no change.

What do I try next?

0 Kudos
aakkü
Novice

Hello,

Is there any progress on solving this issue?

aakkü
Novice

Hello Embedded_guy,

Is there any progress? I've been trying different examples for different FPGA series and I get the same errors.

0 Kudos
Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee
Can you share with me the qpf file? I have everything working fine.
0 Kudos
Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee
Even a simplified qpf will be fine, don't reveal your design if you mind.
0 Kudos
aakkü
Novice

I'm not worried about revaling my design. I'm simply trying to get the processor working.

I'm trying to compile the project the same project you shared (max10_LED) Why do you even want the files? I am getting the same errors which I shared below. I am gonna share entire design files, the only change that I made is changing NIOS/f to NIOS/e, apart from that there is no change.

Error: Quartus Prime Analysis & Synthesis was unsuccessful. 3 errors, 30 warnings

Error: Peak virtual memory: 5095 megabytes

Error: Processing ended: Fri Feb 15 10:04:45 2019

Error: Elapsed time: 00:00:36

Error: Total CPU time (on all processors): 00:01:10

Error: Peak virtual memory: 5095 megabytes

Error: Processing ended: Fri Feb 15 10:04:45 2019

Error: Elapsed time: 00:00:36

Error: Total CPU time (on all processors): 00:01:10

Error (293001): Quartus Prime Full Compilation was unsuccessful. 5 errors, 30 warnings

Can you please focus on the errors I get, I know you don't get any errors.

0 Kudos
Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee
Hi, I've compiled the same project you sent to me and I cannot see any issue, Can you please check your Quartus installation?
0 Kudos
Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee
Hi, I've compiled the same project you sent to me and I cannot see any issue, Can you please check your Quartus installation?
0 Kudos
Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee

Please check the attached screen shot.

0 Kudos
aakkü
Novice

Are you serious? You've been telling me the same thing for a month, that you don't see any errors look at my screenshot. I do get errors that's why I'm here to ask for help.

I tried reinstalling, running different versions and even running it in different computers as I told you before, yet you are just telling me you can run it in your computer. I get that, can you please stop repeating that.

Can you please please please focus on the errros that I get andsuggest me something useful other you telling me that you don't get errors or reinstall.

The error seems to revolve around "alt_sld_fab".

I am patiently, very patiently waiting for your response.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee
Sir, I am telling you that it isn't a project issue, it is a very simple design and must work. The errors shows that there is something went wrong in many and different points, it isn't specific, BTW, I will consult with the Quartus software team and will let you know. It is very weird to not be able to replicate your case, but don't worry I will do my best to find the root cause. Regards.
0 Kudos