Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16593 Discussions

Any hope of a Windows 11 ARM driver for USB Blaster?

JetForMe
New Contributor I

I'm running Windows 11 on ARM. Quartus 22.1 and the terasIC apps Control Panel and System Builder run, but the Altera USB Blaster driver won't install, because it's x86 only, and Windows on ARM requires drivers to be ARM.

The driver itself is just rebranded FTDI, and FTDI has certified drivers for Windows 11 on ARM. It should be trivial to get a new version of Intel’s, but I have no idea where to ask for this, other than here.

28 Replies
JetForMe
New Contributor I

No worries, take your time. I appreciate anything you can do.

0 Kudos
hareesh
Employee

Hi,

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/programmable/683472/21-4/minimum-hardware-requirements.html

in this document you can find out minimum hardware requirement for Quartus. please check it.

and for beta testing early access customer procedure we didn't find any where. we have to raise HSD. it will take some time. so, i can give you E-mail support once i got that information.

if you don't have any question i will close this case. please conform it.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
JetForMe
New Contributor I

Arguably my processor is more advanced than that specified. But it looks like I'll just have to wait for the newer versions of Quartus. In the meantime, I'm looking at other FPGA vendors.

Please let me know when/if I can join the beta. Email is fine, and I guess you can close this.

0 Kudos
Anhxizer
Beginner

Any updates? Will the USB Blaster driver become available for ARM processors, so that people with newer computers (Apple already released their second generation of ARM processor machines) can use Quartus again? Or are we riding a dead horse (Intel FPGA) here?

jackzhou
Beginner

Any updates? 

Johey
Beginner

I also would like to have a driver for the USB Blaster for Windows 11 on ARM64 (using Parallels on Mac with M1 architecture). Any updates of the progress?

dojo
Beginner

Hey, any updates on this matter?

I'd like a driver for the USB Blaster to work with Windows 11 on ARM64, which I am running on an Apple Silicon Mac via VMware Fusion.
Is it even an option that is being developed?

Thanks.

stbenjam
Beginner

Any updates on this? I am also using Windows 11 on ARM.  Very disappointing this isn't resolved yet.

0 Kudos