Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

Arria 10 in quartus prime

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Greetings 

My issue is related to the choosing of Arria10 device in Quartus prime [standard ] . When I chose Arria 10 device through new project wizard, Quartus tool shuts down automatically. I have attached screen shot of the error. Please guide me to resolve this issue 

Thanking You 

Anish
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Which version of Quartus are you using? If a db folder is already set up in the project directory, delete it and try again with the New Project Wizard.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am using QUARTUS PRIME STANDARD EDITION 17.0. There is no db file in project directory as it is created new at the time of project creation.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

If that's the case, then the only thing I can think of is trying to set up your project in a different directory or reinstalling the software. I've never seen Quartus quit during New Project Wizard.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I tired with new project directory but it didn't work out.The problem is only with Arria devices, the rest are working fine. I here by furnish the problem report which I believe may help to figure out the issue 

thanks
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

That won't be helpful for anybody except Intel FPGA support. Maybe try reinstalling the Arria 10 devices (.qdz file).

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I will try that. If it is not resolved, please let me know whom should i contact for a solution.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

General support. I don't know a specific contact.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The problem is resolved by re-downloading the device installation files and installing it again. Thank you for your peruse