Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
15469 Discussions

Arria10 IOPLL + serdes, fitter error message: Error(14566): The Fitter cannot place 1 periphery component(s) due to conflicts with existing constraints (1 LVDS_CLOCK_TREE(s))

MGonz22
Beginner

I´m working with quartus pro 19.4 and Arria10 SX. I have a pll(IOPLL3B) + tx serdes with lvds outputs in banks 3A and 3B. The fitter can´t place my assignment. Nevertheless, if I change the PLL to IOPLL3A (changing the clk pinout), the fitter finish ok with the same lvds pinout.

Regarding the Arria10 handbook, It´s supposed that the IOPLL can feed tx serdes in adjacent banks. Why from IOPLL3A works to banks 3A and 3B and from IOPLL3B doesn´t work?

The compilation was ok with the quartus 16.0 version, now we changed to quartus 19.4 and it doesn´t work. We already have our board with this pinout, changing the pinout is very expensive for us, for we need a new PCB.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Rahul_S_Intel1
Employee

Kindly find the private message

Rahul_S_Intel1
Employee

Hi,

With the above I am closing the forum thread.