Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

Backannotated simulation setup for Cyclone 10

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I would like to simulate a backannotated netlist of a Cyclone10GX design. I have tried compiling the following libraries: 

cyclone10gx_atoms.v altera_primitives.v altera_lnsim.sv twentynm_atoms.v 

Then modelsim complained that cyclone10gx_clkena_encrypted was missing. Running grep in the eda/sim_libs directory suggested that the VHDL libraries define that component but there didn't seem to be a Verilog definition. So I instead tried compiling 

cyclone10gx_atoms.vhd altera_primitives_components.vhd altera_primitives.vhd altera_lnsim_components.vhd twentynm_atoms.vhd 

With these libraries I get as far as the backannotated simulation starting, but then get thousands of errors along the lines of  

# ** Error (suppressible): (vsim-10000) simulation/modelsim/altera.vo(4069): Unresolved defparam reference to 'inst_acrosser_amem_a0_a_adata_a63_a__1_aauto_generated_aram_block1a48' in inst_acrosser_amem_a0_a_adata_a63_a__1_aauto_generated_aram_block1a48.data_interleave_width_in_bits. 

How do I know what are the correct libraries to use? Many thanks.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Jeremy, 

I would advise you to use the native link to run the simulation, because native link will create a .tcl script and you should be able to see what exactly the device model that you need to run the simulation. 

You can refer to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qznl1c0twy8 on how to use it. 

Thanks, 

Best regards, 

kentan 

(This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation)
0 Kudos