Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
14947 Discussions

Board Test System for MAX V - Quartus Prime v 17

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

I am able to run the max-v BTS on Quartus-II v.11.1 web edition, but not on newer versions, neither Quartus-II nor Quartus Prime. 

The GUI will not appear at all. I.e. the program won't run ! 

I know there was an issue with Quartus-II v.14, as the QUARTUS_ROOTDIR environment variable was named qprogrammer rather than quartus, but this is not the case with for example Quartus-II v.15 which is the newest Quartus-II edition.  

I have installed the BTS in the same root-folder as Quartus (either altera\v.xx or intelFPGA_lite\v.xx for Quartus-Prime) and I have tried to add/change system user/system path-variable %QUARTUS_ROOTDIR%\bin or %QUARTUS_ROOTDIR%\bin64 to match the version that the BTS is looking for. 

From the max-v dev-kit user guide, the BTS should work for Quartus-II versions newer than v.11.1... 

I don't want to have two Quartus versions, as all my code is made in Quartus Prime v.17. 

Please, any Altera Guru's - help !!! This issue is very common and a fix would be appreciated. 

Kind regards
0 Kudos
0 Replies