Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
14957 Discussions

Camera Link Transmitter Design

m_kumar
New Contributor I

Hi sir/madam.

I'm designing an camera link logic to transmit   rgb data to through camera link. I stuck with how to generate clock signals for both transmitter side and receiver side. 

I studied one manual it was saying need to generate two clocks.

1. base pixel clock.
  2. lvds bit clock ( i,e base pixel clock *7 /2 )

can i get any design references for to solve this problem

0 Kudos
5 Replies
EngWei_O_Intel
Employee

Hi Kumar

Are you trying to create a LVDS SERDES function in FPGA or clock generation in FPGA?

Thanks.

Eng Wei

m_kumar
New Contributor I

Yes sir i'am using serializer in transmitter side and deserializer in receiver side.

EngWei_O_Intel
Employee

Hi Kumar

You can generate example design through IP Catalog following spec here:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ug/archives/ug_altera_lvds-...

Or you can search for relevant functional design example here:

https://fpgacloud.intel.com/devstore/platform/?search=LVDS

Thanks.

Eng Wei

m_kumar
New Contributor I

Thank you, i will update result soon.

EngWei_O_Intel
Employee

Hi Kumar

Since there is no update on this, we will transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Eng Wei