Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

Can i interface an SD Card with high capacity to MAX 10 devices?

vr7
Beginner

Hi,

I am a new bee to the FPGA world so i hope i get some answers here.

My question is can i interface an Sd card to the max 10 FPGA device? If yes can you guide me how and what is the procedure to do it?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JohnT_Intel
Employee

​Hi,

I would recommend you to contact the IP provided for more information. The reason is that the IP is not provided by Intel. It will depend on whether the IP is still valid and how to use it based on developer.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JohnT_Intel
Employee

​Hi,

Yes, it is possible. You will need to either write your IP to interface with it or purchase from our partner (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/solutions/partners/partner-profile/system-level-solutions--inc-/ip/sd-emmc-host-controller.html).

0 Kudos
vr7
Beginner

Thank you for your reply @JohnT_Intel​ 

So if i purchase the IP does it contain all the necessary things to interface an SD card and can i be able to read and write data and create and delete files from the card?? Or i should write an extra code for performing these functions? Mainly can you tell what is the IP ?

Please don't feel i'm dumb its like ive gone through many websites which put me in a loop of confusions so that is why i finally came here to ask in the forums.

0 Kudos
vr7
Beginner

And what is the licence validity if at all i purchase an IP?

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

​Hi,

I would recommend you to contact the IP provided for more information. The reason is that the IP is not provided by Intel. It will depend on whether the IP is still valid and how to use it based on developer.

0 Kudos
vr7
Beginner

Thanks for the help @JohnT_Intel​ 

0 Kudos