Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16596 Discussions

Can some command do import CSV file?

NuvKFC
New Contributor I

In Quartus GUI, I click Assignments | Import Assignments to import CSV file to do pin assignment.

I have many CSV file.

After that, I don't know which CSV is used for the project.

Can I use some command in QSF file or TCL file to import the CSV file?

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
RichardTanSY_Intel

Unfortunately, to import assignments, there is currently no other way other than Assignment > Import Assignments.

How many .csv file that you plan to import? Shouldn't it better if you export the assignment from other project into a single .csv file before import to your current project?

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to give Kudos and select the best solution. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
RichardTanSY_Intel

Unfortunately, to import assignments, there is currently no other way other than Assignment > Import Assignments.

How many .csv file that you plan to import? Shouldn't it better if you export the assignment from other project into a single .csv file before import to your current project?

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to give Kudos and select the best solution. 

NuvKFC
New Contributor I

Hi RichardTanSY_Intel

Thank you, RichardTanSY_Intel, very much.

OK, I get it. Thank you very much.

I have much the same type PCB boards to connect FPGA pins and sockets.

But some sockets are broken. So, I need to change the pin assignment to connect workable sockets.

Therefor, I have many CSV files.

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

I guess you can keep track all your .csv in an excel sheet or One Note in order to know which has been imported.

You can then remove all assignment and start clean by import the necessary assignment.

I believe I have answered your question. With that, I will now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos
NuvKFC
New Contributor I

Hi RichardTanSY_Intel

Thank you, RichardTanSY_Intel, very much.

OK. Thank you very much.

0 Kudos