Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16606 Discussions

Can't contact license server

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello,  

I am currently using Quartus Prime Standard Version with Enterprise float license. I can do all that I need to do in Quartus Prime GUI. But if I ran the Tcl command using quartus_sh. I got warning message below: 

Warning (292006): Can't contact license server <license Sever Link> -- this serer will be ignored.  

Is there something I need to configure so I would not get such warning message? 

Thanks.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

How do you have the license setup in the GUI? You need an environment variable to point to the server if you're using the command line.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, sstrell, thanks much for your reply. My Quartus Prime license was setup using LM_LICENSE Manager during Quartus installation to point to the URL of the floating license locations provided by my company admin.. I just got reply from the admin. and was told that one of the license servers was recently moved, which renders one of the URLs that the Quartus license setup pointing to erroneous. After I deleted that URL from the license URL list in Quartus's License setup, the warning message went away. So, I am all set for now. Again, thank you.

0 Kudos