Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16593 Discussions

Can't launch Questa from Quartus

Fuad1
Beginner

I just installed Quartus (Lite edition) and Questa (starter edition). And Quartus is able to compile a small project, but when I try to launch Questa (Tools->Run Simulation Tool->RTL Simulation), I get a NativeLink error, pointing me to a nativelink_simulation rpt file, the rpt file says that the c:/intelfpga_lite/22.1std/quartus/common/tcl/internal/nativelink/modelsim.tcl is missing but it is not. It is in the correct location. attached is the rpt file. Please advise on how to solve the problem. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
RichardTanSY_Intel

This is a known issue in Quartus lite 22.1. So you will need add a double quote on line 122 in the qnativelinkflow.tcl file located at the <Intel® Quartus® Installation Path>/quartus/common/tcl/internal/nativelink directory. 

From this : 

set questa_installation "$questa_fse_directory

To: 

set questa_installation "$questa_fse_directory"

Another forum thread with same issue:

https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-Quartus-Prime-Software/Error-while-trying-to-run-Questa-simulator/m-p/1466418#M77649

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RichardTanSY_Intel

This is a known issue in Quartus lite 22.1. So you will need add a double quote on line 122 in the qnativelinkflow.tcl file located at the <Intel® Quartus® Installation Path>/quartus/common/tcl/internal/nativelink directory. 

From this : 

set questa_installation "$questa_fse_directory

To: 

set questa_installation "$questa_fse_directory"

Another forum thread with same issue:

https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-Quartus-Prime-Software/Error-while-trying-to-run-Questa-simulator/m-p/1466418#M77649

0 Kudos
Fuad1
Beginner

Thank you. the problem is solved using the solution that you suggested.

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Thank you for acknowledge the solution provided.

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support.

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos