Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

Can't launch the simulation waveform

MohammedAlBunde
Beginner

When I try to simulate the waveform I have the following error

Determining the location of the ModelSim executable...

ModelSim executable not found.

To specify a ModelSim executable directory, select: Tools -> Options -> EDA Tool Options
Note: if both ModelSim-Altera and ModelSim executables are available, ModelSim-Altera will be used

Please help, I'm in an urgent matter.

Regards

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi @MohammedAlBunde 

I believe you are using the nativelink feature to run simulation. You need to direct the Quartus tool to locate the Modelsim executable. 

You may refer to the link below on how to run the simulation.

Refer to Step7 to provide the absolute path to Modelsim e.g. <quartus installation directory>/modelsim_ase(or ae)/win32aloem: 

Simulation with the NativeLink Feature in Quartus II Software 

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to give Kudos. 

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

I have yet to receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided but I believed that I have answered your question. 
With that, I will now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to give Kudos. 

0 Kudos