Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

Can't locate Getopt/Long.pm in @INC (you may need to install the Getopt::Long module)

MUmar
Beginner

platform designer in quartus 19.1 ​is giving error when trying to generate memories or any ip

0 Kudos
5 Replies
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

Can you provide the design and steps to reproduce the error?

Thanks.

Best regards,

KhaiY

0 Kudos
MUmar
Beginner

Info: CDB_memory: Can't locate Getopt/Long.pm in @INC (you may need to install the Getopt::Long module)

at /cad/altera/19.1/quartus/../ip/altera/sopc_builder_ip/altera_avalon_onchip_memory2/generate_rtl.pl line 18.

at /cad/altera/19.1/quartus/../ip/altera/sopc_builder_ip/altera_avalon_onchip_memory2/generate_rtl.pl line 18.

0 Kudos
MUmar
Beginner

​I found a workaround but its temp hack till quartus release some patch

mkdir -p /tools/perl/5.28.1/linux64

ln -s /cad/altera/19.1/quartus/linux64/perl/lib .

ln -s /cad/altera/19.1/quartus/linux64/perl/lib .

by linking it goes ahead and generate

but then I have different problem is. for version 19 I need to upgrade my license server as well. that what I found ut so far

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for the update. Are you using the Pro edition or Standard edition?

Thanks.

Best regards,

KhaiY

0 Kudos
GJone21
Beginner

Hi,

I have experienced a similar problem.

Running Quartus Prime Lite 19.1 on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS.

When generating HDL from Platform Designer, get the following error:

"

Info: button_pio: Can't locate Getopt/Long.pm in @INC (you may need to install the Getopt::Long module)

(@INC contains:

~/intelFPGA_lite/19.1/quartus/sopc_builder/bin/europa

~/intelFPGA_lite/19.1/quartus/sopc_builder/bin

~/intelFPGA_lite/19.1/quartus/../ip/altera/sopc_builder_ip/common

~/intelFPGA_lite/19.1/quartus/../ip/altera/sopc_builder_ip/altera_avalon_pio

/tools/perl/5.28.1/linux64/lib/site_perl/5.28.1/x86_64-linux

/tools/perl/5.28.1/linux64/lib/site_perl/5.28.1

/tools/perl/5.28.1/linux64/lib/5.28.1/x86_64-linux

/tools/perl/5.28.1/linux64/lib/5.28.1)

"

The workaround I found (based on MUmar's fix) is:

1) Create the folder that is being looked for by Platform Designer:

sudo mkdir /tools/perl/5.28.1/linux64/

2) Create link in this new directory to the perl stuff that is bundled with Quartus:

sudo ln -s ~/intelFPGA_lite/19.1/quartus/linux64/perl/lib /tools/perl/5.28.1/linux64/

This seems to allow the perl being used by Platform Designer to find the GetOpt code contained in the Quartus Prime installation directory.

Best wishes,

Gwilym