Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

Can't open firmware provided by TI due to 260 character path limit

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am trying to develop custom firmware for the Texas Instruments TSW14J56 Data Capture Board, which utilizes an Altera Arria V GZ FPGA. TI provides the firmware on their website (http://www.ti.com/tool/tsw14j56evm) in the form of a quartus project. Attempting to open this project in Quartus Prime 17.1 results in a ton of errors of the form "Can't create file (...) because path exceeds 260 character limit." Most of the path length comes from the path internal to the project, that I cannot modify, and the project (with this long path), must have been created in Quartus. I have ensured that my windows registry has long paths enabled, but the issue persists.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

260 character limit is a windows limit, not a quartus one. It was probably created on the linux version of quartus. 

If you cannot install linux, try running on a virtual PC.
0 Kudos
TMurp9
Novice

Try to use Long Path Tool, it really can help you with that.

It will really help you to solve your problem.

TMurp9
Novice

Try to use Long Path Tool, it really can help you with that.

It will really help you to solve your problem.- ( Tom Murphy )

0 Kudos
Juan_Miller
Beginner

You can try using LongPathTool software. It will help you resolve your specific problems regarding File name too long. Thank you.

0 Kudos