Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16559 Discussions

Can't open the Stratix 10 Board Test System with Quartus 19.2

SDe_J
New Contributor I

I am developing firmware with the Stratix 10 H-tile devkit.

I have downloaded the support files located here:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/products/boards_and_kits/dev-kits/altera/kit-s10-fpga.html

I have Quartus 19.2 installed on my (linux: Ubuntu 16.04) system

I'm trying to open the board test system included with the support files, but I'm getting this error:

>echo $QUARTUS_ROOTDIR /intelFPGA/19.2/quartus   >./BoardTestSystem.sh ./BoardTestSystem.sh: 2: [: /intelFPGA/19.2/quartus: unexpected operator Error: Could not find or load main class com.intel.bts.BtsApp

I have been able to run the BTS with quartus 18.0 and 18.1, but not 19.2. Do you know what the issue might be?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SDe_J
New Contributor I

If I try to run it manually, I get the same error:

>/intelFPGA/19.2/quartus/linux64/jre64/bin/java -Xmx256m -jar bts.jar Error: Could not find or load main class com.intel.bts.BtsApp

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello,

Welcome to INTEL forum. Based on my understanding, possibly it is caused by the difference in system console of different Quartus revisions. The BTS module for Stratix 10 FPGA H-Tile is build based on Quartus® Prime v17.1 and  v18.1. It is suggested to use the right Quartus version with the right dev.kit version.

0 Kudos