Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16603 Discussions

Can't we use ryzen cpu in quartus prime edition 20.1?

wow_
Beginner

First of all, I hope there's no problem with mentioning Ryzen CPU in the Intel community.

I'm using Ryzen 3600xt. However, if you run quartus and run the new project wizard, the quartus program stops. So I replaced it with Intel Cpu and it's working.

Is Ryzen CPU unavailable on quartus?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Nurina
Employee

Hi,

We appreciate your thread submission. You can use any CPU to run the Quartus software, as long as it has high processor depending on your application and needs excluding the Intel HyperThreaded cores. 

Can you provide some additional information so I can better understand your issue:

1. May I know how your issue occurred when you used Quartus with the Ryzen CPU; can you explain step-by-step what you did on Quartus before the issue occurred?
  2. Can you also provide a screenshot of the Quartus program when the issue occurs?

Additionally, you can refer to our latest Quartus 20.1 released notes for system requirements here: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/rn/rn-qts-std-dev-support.pdf

Thanks,

Nurina

0 Kudos
Nurina
Employee

Hello,

We did not receive any response from you to the previous reply that I have provided, thus I will put this case to close pending. Please post a response in the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions. 

Regards,

Nurina

0 Kudos