Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
15317 Discussions

Can you explain why the 3 "arriav" libraries are not listed in library mapping file for VCS, the synopsys_sim.setup that is generated under /simulation/scsim ?

ARach7
Beginner

Test-case:​

$QUARTUS_ROOTDIR/qdesigns/binary_cam. 

At EDA simulation library compiler, choose CycloneV and arriav and compile the in Verilog.

At the synopsys_sim.setup file created for the example at /simulation/scsim, the 3 arriav* libraries ( arriav_ver, arriav_hssi_ver, arriav_pcie_hip_ver ) are not listed  .

You may say - these are different families, and I will reply:

Some of the cells listed at  synopsys_sim.setup  requires modules that were compiled into arriav* libraries, for example: cell altera_arriav_pll

that was parsed to library ALTERA_LNSIM_VER.

Now, since arriav* libraries are not listed, we end up with plenty of unresolved module errors over real design.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ARach7
Beginner

​To complete the example above from $QUARTUS_ROOTDIR/qdesigns/binary_cam, add to the project files the below tb.v file as testbench, and instruct the tool to compile it (assignements->settings-> EDA Tool settings-> simulation: "Compile Testbench".

%cat tb.v

`timescale 1ps/1ps

module tb();

binary_cam_wrapper u_binary_cam_wrapper ();

altera_arriav_pll       altera_arriav_pll ();

endmodule

Error: Error: VCS MX: Error-[URMI] Unresolved modules

Error: Error: VCS MX: "arriav_ffpll_reconfig #(.P_XCLKIN_MUX_SO_0__PLL_CLKIN_0_SRC(local_pll_clkin_0_src_0), .P_XCLKIN_MUX_SO_0__PLL_CLKIN_1_SRC(local_pll_clkin_1_src_0), .P_XCLKIN_MUX_SO_0__PLL_CLK_SW_DLY(local_pll_clk_sw_dly_0), .P_XCLKIN_MUX_SO_0__PLL_CLK_SW_DLY_SETTING(local_pll_clk_sw_dly_0), .P_XCLKIN_MUX_SO_0__PLL_MANU_CLK_SW_EN(local_pll_manu_clk_sw_en_0), .P_XCLKIN_MUX_SO_0__PLL_AUTO_CLK_SW_EN(local_pll_auto_clk_sw_en_0), .P_XCLKIN_MUX_SO_0__PLL_CLK_LOSS_SW_EN(local_pll_clk_loss_sw_en_0), .P_XCLKIN_MUX_SO_1__PLL_CLKIN_0_SRC(local_pll_clkin_0_src_1), .P_XCLKIN_MUX_SO_1__PLL_CLKIN_1_SRC(local_pll_clkin_1_src_1), .P_XCLKIN_MUX_SO_1__PLL_CLK_SW_DLY(local_pll_clk_sw_dly_1), .P_XCLKIN_MUX_SO_1__PLL_CLK_SW_DLY_SETTING(local_pll_clk_sw_dly_1), .P_XCLKIN_MUX_SO_1__PLL_MANU_CL ... "

Error: Error: VCS MX:  Module definition of above instance is not found in the design.

Deshi_Intel
Hi, Can you help me to understand more on the problem statement ? 1) Which Quartus version that you are using ? 2) Which VCS MX version that you are using ? 3) And this sim error issue is impacting which Intel FPGA IP ? Arria V fpll IP ? 4) How can I duplicate this sim error issue ? Is there some example design that I can use or you will be able to share your sim design project here ? Thanks. Regards, dlim
ARach7
Beginner
Using Quartus 18.1 Using VCS 2017.12. It’s a general question: what will trigger Quartus scripts to add arriav* logical libraries (arriav_hssi_ver, arriav_ver, arriav_pcie_hip_ver) into synopsys_sim.setup? Suppose my testbench file (that is added to project file using “compile testbench”) has an instance of “altera_arriav_pll”. That “altera_arriav_pll” cell will needs staff from arriav, but these libraries are not found in synopsys_sim.setup, although they were compiled with EDA simulation library compiler. thanks
Deshi_Intel

HI,

I have generated a simple Arria V Transceiver PLL IP core. A sim project folder will be generated as well . Attached is the IP sim folder.

You can find the script "vcsmx_setup.sh" that call out the Arria V library in following path.

• AV_PLL_sim\synopsys\vcsmx

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim