Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

Cannot download Quartus 13.1 & SoC EDS 13.1

서박사
New Contributor I

I'm trying to download the old version of Quartus and SoC EDS.
However, the download process does not continue from a certain point.
Which means, the network becomes disconnected when the download is processed to a certain level (a certain amount of data).
The version of the Quartus and SoC EDS that I've tried to download is 13.1.
I need that software because the demonstration of my board (DE1-SoC) is based on that old product.

I've already tried to download it from a direct link, but it doesn't work.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
서박사
New Contributor I

Hello, I've tried to download the software in the other region (Cloud server), and it worked well.

I think there are some reasons that the download stops at a certain point if the download request occurs in South Korea.

(It may be the issue of AWS, download source)

For the other users, I'll specify my case at below:

1. Request download at the site, https://fpgasoftware.intel.com/13.1/?edition=web

2. Download starts with regular speed (3~6 MB/s)

3. When the partially downloaded file reaches a certain size (in my case, 100 MB when I tried to download Quartus II w/o devices), the download stops, and I cannot get any responses from the site.

That is, the site occurs timeout error.

4. Using other browsers, using the private mode, clearing the site cache didn't help me.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
SyafieqS

Hi,

My suggestion is using different browser like IE,Mozilla etc. Try both with cognito or incognito mode. Also for your board. 13.1 version is quite old, I recommend you to use Lite/Std 15.1 onward as it support Cyclone 5 series. Refer to link below for details

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/downloads/download-center.html

Thanks,

Regards

0 Kudos
서박사
New Contributor I

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion.

I've tried to download the program using IE, Chrome, and Firefox (both cognito, private), but I couldn't download the program with the same reason.

The reason that I'm trying to use 13.1 is the demos for my board (DE1-SoC) are based on 13.1.

(There are few demos which use 16.0, but almost all demos are based on 13.1)

So if there is any FTP that I can use for downloading tools, I'll try with it.

I guess it is not a problem only with me, but all users.

May I ask you to try to download Quartus 13.1 from the website and check if you're available?

Thank you for your answer again!

서박사_0-1593663462731.png

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

Hi there,

I tried to download the Quarutus Subscribe/Web Edition v13.1 from my machine and it work well. I mean if you are using any ad-blocker disable it for moment. This also could be the reason you cant download the software

0 Kudos
서박사
New Contributor I

Hello,

Thanks for your suggestion.

Unfortunately, the ad blocker is automatically disabled at incognito mode so I already tried to disable the ad blocker.

I'll try to find another solution to download it.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
서박사
New Contributor I

Hello, I've tried to download the software in the other region (Cloud server), and it worked well.

I think there are some reasons that the download stops at a certain point if the download request occurs in South Korea.

(It may be the issue of AWS, download source)

For the other users, I'll specify my case at below:

1. Request download at the site, https://fpgasoftware.intel.com/13.1/?edition=web

2. Download starts with regular speed (3~6 MB/s)

3. When the partially downloaded file reaches a certain size (in my case, 100 MB when I tried to download Quartus II w/o devices), the download stops, and I cannot get any responses from the site.

That is, the site occurs timeout error.

4. Using other browsers, using the private mode, clearing the site cache didn't help me.

0 Kudos