Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

Cannot proceed because MSVCR120.dll was not found

MuralikumarM
Beginner
Hi,
Recently I have installed intel quartus prime pro and using it. I have tried to run modelsim, and it shows this error.

" The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCR120.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem."

I am unable to run it because of this error. I have searched about the error and found a answer that , install MS VC++ and I have installed 2013 version of that also..

Kindly help me to run this..

Thanks and Regards
MuralikumarM
0 Kudos
1 Solution
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi @MuralikumarM 

Please check that the LM_LICENSE_FILE is directed to a license file. Modelsim Intel Edition required a license.  

How to set LM_LICENSE_FILE:

In the command prompt:
setx LM_LICENSE_FILE <license file path>

example: C:\intelFPGA_pro\21.1\license.dat

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to give Kudos. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi @MuralikumarM 

You may checkout the link below for the solution.

https://www.repairtofix.com/Download_MSVCR120.dll/MSVCR120.dll_not_found?article=33&new_url=Download_MSVCR120.dll%2FMSVCR120.dll_not_found 

Let me know if it helps.

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to give Kudos. 

0 Kudos
MuralikumarM
Beginner
Hi @Richard Tan
Thanks for your response.
I found the dll file and replaced it with new one but again i am getting same error.

Please provide other possibilities to try and solve the problem.

Thanks
MuralikumarM
0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi @MuralikumarM 

Do you download the Modelsim installer from our Download Center for FPGAs? 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/downloads/download-center.html 

Try to uninstall the current Modelsim and install the Modelsim - Intel FPGA edition. 

Let me know if the issue persists.

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi @MuralikumarM 

You may checkout the below link for the solutions that might helps to solve the issue.

https://blog.pcrisk.com/windows/12478-the-program-cant-start-because-msvcr120dll-is-missing-from-your-computer#:~:text=You%20can%20fix%20the%20%22The,on%20the%20%22Run%22%20result.

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

0 Kudos
MuralikumarM
Beginner

Hi,

all the things above given was tried and still the same error showing.

regards

MuralikumarM

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

@MuralikumarM 

Hmm that's weird. Have you try to install in other machine and observe the same issue? 

Could you share a screenshot of the shown error? 

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

We do not receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

0 Kudos
MuralikumarM
Beginner

Hi,

sorry for the late reply,  caught on some other work.

actually i didnt tried installing on other PC. but I tried to install the quartus prime lite version.

and while running the simulation library compiler it shows as follows

Info: Command: quartus_sh --simlib_comp -tool modelsim -language vhdl -tool_path C:/intelFPGA_lite/20.1/modelsim_ae/win32aloem/ -directory C:/Users/murali.kumar/Desktop/OLD_SIM/learn/prime_lite -rtl_only

Info: Quartus(args): -tool modelsim -language vhdl -tool_path C:/intelFPGA_lite/20.1/modelsim_ae/win32aloem/ -directory C:/Users/murali.kumar/Desktop/OLD_SIM/learn/prime_lite -rtl_only

Info: Changing the current directory to output directory C:/Users/murali.kumar/Desktop/OLD_SIM/learn/prime_lite ..

Info: Using Path C:/intelFPGA_lite/20.1/modelsim_ae/win32aloem/ that was set in EDA Simulation Library Compiler Options

Info: Generating commands to compile library altera ...

Info: Generating commands to compile library lpm ...

Info: Generating commands to compile library sgate ...

Info: Generating commands to compile library altera_mf ...

Info: Generating commands to compile library altera_lnsim ...

Info: Executing command file containing library compilation commands

Info: Unable to checkout a license. Vsim is closing.

Error: ** Error: Invalid license environment. Application closing.

Info: Unable to checkout a license. Make sure your license file environment variables are set correctly and then run 'lmutil lmdiag' to diagnose the problem.

Info: Modelsim - Intel FPGA Edition uses the following environment variables to check the licenses (listed in the order of preference)

Info: 1. MGLS_LICENSE_FILE

Info: 2. LM_LICENSE_FILE.

Error: Compilation was NOT successful. 1 errors, 0 warnings

Kindly do the needful

MuralikumarM

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi @MuralikumarM 

Please check that the LM_LICENSE_FILE is directed to a license file. Modelsim Intel Edition required a license.  

How to set LM_LICENSE_FILE:

In the command prompt:
setx LM_LICENSE_FILE <license file path>

example: C:\intelFPGA_pro\21.1\license.dat

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

0 Kudos
MuralikumarM
Beginner
Hi @Richard,
Thanks for your support
Now i can able to run modelsim...
Regards
MuralikumarM
0 Kudos