Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16606 Discussions

Cannot see the HTML GUI reports

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I have a nallatech PCIe FPGA board and I'm compiling and running OpenCL code on it. While browsing the "Best Practices" guide, I've realized after each compilation there should be a "report" folder which provides various information regarding the Kernel. Unfortunately I can't see any report being generated. Does anyone know what could be the problem? 

Thanks,
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

That report exists in Quartus/AOC v16.1 and above; you are most likely using an older version.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

That report exists in Quartus/AOC v16.1 and above; you are most likely using an older version. 

--- Quote End ---  

My computer environment is CentOS 6.9 and Quartus 16.1. But I also do not see the HTML report. what is wrong?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

What is your AOC version? Try "aoc --version".

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all! I have the same problem of sbiookag, after compilation process don't see the report folder neither the report.html file. I'm using Quartus/AOC v17.0 with a valid license (although for compilation process the license is not needed). The exactly version when invoque aoc --version is: 

Intel(R) FPGA SDK for OpenCL(TM), 64-Bit Offline Compiler 

Version 17.0.0 Build 595 

I've tried many things but... unafortunately can't never generated the report file.  

Have you been able to solve this? Could you help me? 

Thanks in advance!
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi! well.. after probe many things and read many altera documents, I saw that after full compilation process the report folder apear into <project_folder>/bin/<file_kernel_name>/. But this is a very slow process to prefil the kernel file and know the estimated area ocupation. Then I probed with aoc -c option that creat the Quartus project but without perform the full compilation process, and then voila! the report folder and report file was generated in a very fast and short process. Maybe all of you know this... but I didn't know it hehe! 

Resume: 

aoc -march=emulator -v --board <board_name> device/<kernel_name>.cl -o bin/<outpu_name>.aocx Compile the kernel for PC simulation 

aoc -c -v --board <board_name> device/<kernel_name>.cl -o bin/<output_name>.aoco Generate Quartus project, report file and the <output_name>.aoco  

aoc -v --board <board_name> bin/<output_name>.aoco Perform full compilation process and generate the hardware files 

I hope this help to someone :), because I lost too many time. 

Regards.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The report is also generated even when you are doing full compilation (without -c), but after the first stage of the compilation has been finished. If you add -v --report to the compilation switches, as soon as the area estimation is printed in stdout, the report will be generated.

0 Kudos