Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16606 Discussions

Change Quartus compilation directory

KfirTito
Employee

Hi,

Quartus Prime Version 20.1.1 Standard Edition on LinuxOS.

I want to run and compile my design at my local directory but the source files of my design (qsf,qpf,sdc) are located in GIT/remote directory.

Is it possible to set a working directory where all the report files and temporary synthesis files get stored ?

Is there any tcl / configuration for this ?

Thanks 

Kfir Tito

0 Kudos
6 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

When you use the New Project Wizard, you select the directory where everything will be placed (the project directory).  If you're talking about the "output_files" folder, by default, output files are put in that directory in the project directory.  You can change the location of the output_files directory in Tools->Options, I believe.

0 Kudos
KfirTito
Employee

Hi sstrell,

I'm talking about all the files and folders that Quartus creates while I running synthesis :

db/

incremental_db/

output_files/

.stp (in case we run with SignalTap) 

etc

I must keep the remote dir that includes all the project files qpf,qsf,sdc etc clean.

Thanks.

Kfir Tito

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

db and incremental_db must be in the project directory.  That's the whole point of having a project directory.  The other files, like output_files as I mentioned, and other design and debug files can be anywhere as long as their paths are set up in the project settings.

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

Hi Tito,

May I know if there is any update on this?

0 Kudos
KfirTito
Employee

Hi, 

no.

db and incremental_db must be in the project dir but we don't want to add them to GIT/revision control.

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

Hi Tito,

If that's so, is it possible you just ran everything in local with the source files of the design (qsf,qpf,sdc)? unfortunately you must be keep the db and incremental_db in project dir. 

0 Kudos