Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16604 Discussions

Change default Waveform Editor options

LeviMe
Beginner

I'm using Intel Quartus 21.1.0 Lite Edition with Questa FSE 2021.2 linux_x86_64.

While trying to make the Simulation Waveform Editor work, I learned that I had to edit the default options of the vsim command within the ModelSim Script.
I need to remove '-novopt' and add '-voptargs=+acc' otherwise I can't get any proper output.

I'd like to know if there is any way to change the default ModelSim Script options so that I don't have to make those edits for each new projects.

Some previous posts suggested to edit the modelsim.ini file, but when I tried it didn't have effect.
It seems that the options get loaded from a pref.tcl file but I couldn't find it.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
YEan
Employee

Hi there,

The default options of the vsim command can't be changed. 

Thanks,

Ean 

0 Kudos
YEan
Employee

Hi,

We do not receive any response from you to the previous question that have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Ean

0 Kudos