Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
15471 Discussions

Clock out pin cannot be assigned 3.0V I/O bank.

YFuji17
Beginner

Hello.

I'm trying to connect datas and a clock from Cyclone 10 GX(output) to another video device(input).

The video device's pins use 3V power, so I need to set 3.0V these datas and a clock.

I set 3.0V by Pin Planner, and processed fitting stage.

But the error message appeared as attached screen shot.

I used 24 data or control signals and 1 clock as 3.0V, I think 3.0V pins aren't in shortage because the bank 2L(it's the only bank can use 3.0V) have 48 pins.

As a test, I removed I/O standard strict of the clock out pin, compilation passed and pin was assigned 1.8V I/O automatically.

This clock out signal is from following route,

LVDS clock input(from external device) > LVDS SERDES(RX) IP inclock pin > rx_coreclock pin > cclock out pin of Cyclone 10 GX

I found that this clock signal type is Periphery (not Global).

Can I change this to a Global clock, or have any simple way to resolve this problem ?

application version : Quartus Prime Pro 20.1.0 Build 177

NotAssigned3V_IO.png

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ShafiqY_Intel
Employee

Hi YFuji17,

It's seem like you not assigned the pin properly.

May I know your Cyclone 10 GX OPN number?

And can you screenshot your pin planner and send it here?

Thanks.

Regards,

Matt