Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16609 Discussions

Compilation error: RX buffer credit allocation, Error: ip-generate FAILED

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I am new to OpenCL and found an example in some altera documentation that i thought i would try.#pragma OPENCL EXTENSION cl_altera_channels : enable  

channel int c0;  

__kernel void producer (__global int * in_buf) 

{  

for (int index=0; index < 10; index++) 

{  

write_channel_altera( c0, in_buf[index] );  

}  

__kernel void consumer (__global int * ret_buf) 

{  

for(int index=0; index < 10; index++) 

{  

ret_buf[index] = read_channel_altera( c0 ); 

}  

I am compiling this on a shared server. It had 13.1 installed and recently upgraded to 14.0 version. It has the altera DE5. 

I compiled with:aoc -c channelized.cl --report 

aoc -v channelized.aoco 

The first completed successfully and produced:aoc: Selected target board de5net_a7 

+--------------------------------------------------------------------+ 

; Estimated Resource Usage Summary ; 

+----------------------------------------+---------------------------+ 

; Resource + Usage ; 

+----------------------------------------+---------------------------+ 

; Logic utilization ; 17% ; 

; Dedicated logic registers ; 7% ; 

; Memory blocks ; 14% ; 

; DSP blocks ; 0% ; 

+----------------------------------------+---------------------------; 

but the second produced the following:aoc: Environment checks are completed successfully. 

aoc: Setting up project for QXP preservation flow.... 

2014.07.30.09:24:05 Error: system.acl_iface.pcie: CVP is not supported for Gen2 or Gen3 lanes rate. 

2014.07.30.09:24:05 Error: system.acl_iface.pcie: "RX buffer credit allocation - performance for received requests" (rxbuffer_rxreq_hwtcl) "Maximum" is out of range: "Minimum", "Low", "Balanced" 

Error: ip-generate FAILED. 

Refer to channelized/channelized.log for details. 

I have no idea what is wrong or how to fix it. I have had a look at the log and i found those errors but i am out of my depth here. 

I attached the log file, my guess is something went wrong when they installed 14.0? Any ideas? 

Thanks, 

Stephen
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I think I got something similar when I also migrated from 13.1 to 14.0. During the compilation process, I would get a message about CVP I think, and it would fail. I deleted the folder named "kernel" automatically created to put all the files for compiling, tried again, and it worked. I believe there were some files in there left from an old compilation with 13.1. 

I think this is what happened, but I may be wrong. Might be worth trying, though.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

Do u mean the folder created with the same name as the file? I tried that :/ it didn't work. But was worth a shot. I think something else might be wrong cause no one has been able to compile anything successfully. Any idea what I should look into? 

Stephen
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The de5net_a7 board you're using from Terasic is from a 13.1 board package. You should contact Terasic about providing a 14.0 version and then set AOCL_BOARD_PACKAGE_ROOT to point to that. Boards are not compatible across releases, you must keep your SDK and board packages in lock step.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

the migration from 13.1 to 14.0 is finished, but not release the finial version. please contact Terasic support, the mail address: support@terasic.com, good luck!

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I contacted support and they gave me a package to download: http://mail.terasic.com.cn/~wyzhou/terasic.zip 

It seems to have fixed something, got another error though: 

2014.08.21.17:16:34 Error: s0: Cannot find sequencer/sequencer.elf 

2014.08.21.17:16:34 Error: s0: An error occurred 

2014.08.21.17:16:34 Error: Generation stopped, 257 or more modules remaining 

Error: ip-generate FAILED. 

Any idea on what i could try? I have attached the compile log again. 

There is a line in the log about recommended updates, would that be it? 

Thanks for your help so far! Ill keep you posted on what support sends me 

Thanks, 

Stephen
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi everyone, 

Just letting you know got it working with that board package. Just had to chmod the executable files in it and aocl install etc.  

Thanks for your help! 

Stephen
0 Kudos